i love you

october 30 2024

today was the day of the ballon d'or ceremony and i was dreading it. don't get me wrong, im proud of ruben and the team for everything they've achieved this season, it's just i don't want to be there.

i've tried convincing ruben that i don't need to go and i can just watch him on tv but he wouldn't let me.

you're probably thinking im crazy to want to deny the offer of going to THE ballon D'or ceremony, but i have my reasons.

i think- no, i know i'll be excluded.

"come on baby isabel and ines will keep you company" ruben's arms snaked around my waist, his head resting on my shoulder while he maintained eye contact with me through the mirror.

"isabel and ines hate me" i rolled my eyes as i finished putting the last touches of my lipstick. ruben had no idea of what happened the night of his birthday, and i was planning on keeping it that way.

"no they don't, they're like the nicest" he planted kisses along my neck. "besides, you have me" he winked at me through the mirror causing me to chuckle.

"you'll just forget about me, all your friends are going" i scoffed taking a quick photo of the boy of us.

for the special occasion i picked out a long black dress with a dramatic thigh slit. it was kind of tight around my waist, but a comfortable kind of tight, showing off my curves.

it was a sleeveless one shoulder dress, meaning i had to carry a small sweater for later on.

"i'll try my best not to" he pecked my neck one more time before smacking my ass.

"do i really have to go?" i turned to face ruben, looking up at him with a pout on my face. "mhm" he pulled me in for a kiss.

"rubennn my lipstick" i pulled away from him and fixed it up while he was laughing his ass of because i looked like the joker in his eyes.

after a while we facetimed bernadette who was in manchester taking care of almost 7 month old kiana. i know right! she's growing up so fast.

she even has her first two teeth already! shes so adorable, she always knows how to make us laugh, her laugh alone lights up a whole room.

bernadette informed us that she's been quite fussy ever since we left, only smiling or laughed when showed photos or videos of us.

even though she still couldn't talk, she was happy to babble to me and ruben even though we couldn't understand a word that came out of her mouth.

the call had to been cut short since the driver had arrived to take us to the ceremony. i was kind of nervous since this would be the first time me and ruben would have been seen out together.

"tell me if you get uncomfortable love, we'll leave right away" ruben held me close by him as we walked down the entrance, smiling for each of the cameras.