am i not enough?

8 April 2023

"Athena wake up, kiana's hungry" I felt ruben shaking me. "good morning to you too" I rolled my eyes and grabbed kiana from him. obviously im going to be moody because I was having a good dream!

"im going to get us some breakfast" he smiled at me. "didn't ask" I snapped. "see ya" he kissed kiana's forehead then mine. I glared at him, because he knows I normally wouldn't let him.

I finished feeding kiana then I let her sleep right beside me on the bed, daily because I was to lazy to walk all the way to her nursery.

I was bored, and ruben still wasn't back. I didn't know what to do so I just sat there staring at the ceiling, until I remembered ruben hid something under the bed yesterday, and the curiosity was killing me.

I didn't want to check in case it was something private, but the devil on my shoulder was more convincing. I slowly made my way over to the side of his bed and reached under it.

I moved my hands around a bit because i wasnt feeling anything. just as I was about to give up. I felt something soft. I pulled it out, and saw a bouquet in the mixture of pink tulips, my favourite, pale pink roses and elegant white peonies.

Their gentle fragrance filled the room, and I couldn't help but notice how thoughtful he was trying to be as he managed to remember my favourite flower.

Despite my resentment towards him, I felt a small smile begin to play on my lips. As I admired the bouquet even more, I noticed a small white envelope carefully tucked the flowers.

 As I admired the bouquet even more, I noticed a small white envelope carefully tucked the flowers

I decided to open it without second thought. there was a handwritten letter, hmm what could it say. I completely removed the letter throwing the envelope somewhere in the room.

'hey Athena,

I want to express my deepest, most sincere apology for my behaviour earlier. I know I was rude, and I am truly sorry for how I treated you. It was never my intention to hurt you, but I let my bad mood get the best of me.

You mean the world to me, and I hate that I let you down. I love you more than words can say, and I promise to do everything in my power to be a better boyfriend, or whatever we are and treat you with the love, respect, and kindness you deserve

I dont usually take time out of my day to apologise to people, but I felt the need to apologise to you, it shatters my heart seeing or hearing you upset especially if I caused it.

Please forgive me, and know that I'm committed to making things right and being the loving and supportive partner you deserve.

With all my love, Ruben x'

just as I finished I heard him clear his throat. I instantly snapped my head just to see ruben standing there with and eyebrow raised and his hands in his pockets.

i chose not to say anything because i couldn't read from his expression if he was angry, happy or sad.

"I meant to give it to you yesterday, but um- never mind" he looked down. "thank you so much" I gave him a tight hug leaving him shocked, but instantly reciprocating my actions once he was well aware of what I was doing.