value our relationship

i am now 9 months pregnant, and ready to pop literally anytime soon. ruben has been a literal darling throughout my whole pregnancy. he never complained, he always listened attentively and he took care of me like i was the most fragile piece of glass.

bernadette made sure i was okay, she often sent me gift packages for the baby and text messages asking how i was doing and that.

since i didn't have a mother figure, i always counted on bernadette and asked her questions about things i wasn't sure about and everything i needed to know.

it was so cute how she was way more excited about the baby than i was.

🗓️april 5 2024

i was having a hard time sleeping tonight, so i decided to call ruben. ruben has been going out more often and coming home late, but i don't mind since he deserves his own time since he's always taking care of me.

the phone rang a few times before ruben finally replied. "hey you okay?" he asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"yeah i just can't sleep.. when are you coming back home?" i sighed.

"i think i'll be home late, sorry love" he told me.

"alright" i gave him a weak smile.

"bye" he grinned at me, i just nodded at him then ended the call. i know im just being selfish but i expected ruben to come back at least for me especially at this stage of my pregnancy.

i decided i would go down stairs to eat a snack since i was already wide awake.

i was just scrolling through instagram, when i got 6 notifications from an unknown number. i was curious so i opened the message.

unknown

unknown
i'm sorry i didn't want to be the one to tell you...

*1 image attached*

*3 videos attached*

i'm so sorry

what the.. this is strange. i opened the attachments, and my heart dropped. ruben was cheating on me...

the first picture was him with some whore on his lap, the first video was him making out with the girl while fingering her, the second was them walking hand in hand to the bathrooms and the last on was them coming out the bathrooms looking completely disheveled with smug smirks on their faces.

i couldn't believe it. i forwarded all the attachments to him and told him not to bother coming back home today and that we were over.

i tried my best not to think of it because the stress would be bad for the baby.

not even a few minutes later my phone started blowing up with calls and messages from him. i just scoffed ignored them but he just wouldn't stop.

i decided i would answer him, but i wasn't going to believe any of his bullshit.

"love..." he started as i felt a surge of anger just from hearing his voice.

"don't fucking call me that" i spat at him. "leave me the fuck alone and stop fucking calling" i was about to end the call when i heard him speak.

"please athena don't hang up on me.. please" he pleaded quietly.

"why the fuck not! what do you have to say for yourself, here i am carrying your child while you're out fucking other whores as if i mean nothing to you" i shouted feeling my belly tighten. i really don't need this, atleast not now.

"im coming home.." he spoke.

"NO RUBEN! DO NOT FUCKING DO THAT" i screamed through the phone before taking a deep breath, i need to calm myself down.