my baby sister

"why are you smiling so much" jack asked me as i remembered the surprised i got him. "i got something for you but you have to close your eyes" i excitedly pushed all the boxes and bags of what a bought for him next to his bed.

"open!" i exclaimed as i saw his eyes widen. "oh my days, how much did you spend" he pulled me in for a tight hug. "you don't need to worry about that" i scratched the back of my head before returning the hug.

"why do you keep being so nice to me after what i said to you that day" he asked still holding on to me tightly. "yeah what you said was pretty hurtful, but you're my big brother jack, i'll always forgive you." i hugged him, feeling myself tear up.

"but why? i'm horrible to you. im supposed to be your big brother, protecting you and all that, but here i am calling you a slut and making you feel bad about yourself"his voice cracked.

this wholesome moment just took an unexpected turn...

"i don't know, i just can't stay mad at you" i said softly as tears slowly rolled down my face. "what happened to you that night in mykonos?" jack asked. "im only asking now since our conversation is already so emotional" he added.

"i understand, its better to let express our emotions to each other, i think it will improve our relationship." i replied pulling away from the hug. "i agree, so tell me about Mykonos" he asked once again, moving so i could lie beside him.

"when i ran away from the house, i went to the beach where i met someone. we became best friends, he took care of me, he helped me with my eating disorder that came back, and we told each other everything. he's one of the main reasons i moved to liverpool, but a few days back something happened between us, but we're okay now." i explained while playing with my fingers.

"you had an eating disorder?" jack gasped. "yeah since i was 14, i was able to handle it for a while until in mykonos no one called or checked up on me, not even ruben. but who cares." i shrugged

"athena, you didn't eat or drink for 6 days straight?" jack sat up instantly. "yeah.." i sat up as well. "but it's all good now that i have to eat for two" i said rubbing my stomach. "i almost forgot you're growing a little one inside you" he chuckled a bit.

"about that, what's your honest opinion on me and ruben dating? be 100 percent honest i don't mind." i asked him. "it isn't really ideal, as i said in mykonos i know ruben extremely well, and one thing about him is that he can't commit to a relationship and i don't want to see you wasting your tears on him." jack explained

"you're my baby sister and i don't want to ever see you hurt, but if he really makes you happy then i have to accept that." jack sighed. "thanks for understanding jack" i hugged him.

"of course, you can always come to me if something happens or if you need to talk." he assured me. "thanks jack, honestly" i smiled at him.

we just continued talking, getting to know each other's feelings and share opinions so we could fully understand each other.

it was really difficult at first because we are both extremely stubborn people who never want to display weakness in front of others, but today we finally let loose.

after a while i picked up my phone to check the time.

𝟏𝟕:𝟐𝟔

"jack city is playing soon, you should put it on" i told him while handing him the remote. "are you not watching it with me?" he asked confused. "yeah i just need to go buy us dinner since we didn't eat lunch, and i need to sort something out as well" i told him while standing up to leave.

"don't take too long!" he shouted making me laugh.

before going to buy our dinner, i booked my appointment for the gender so i didn't have to go all the way to liverpool then bought the food. i made sure to get extra just incase.