𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵. 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘴𝘪𝘹

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

- Karma never read your messages. The entire break you waited for the moment his name would pop up on your phone, the phone that was still filled with photos of him, off guard ones and ones of the two of you together. No matter how badly it hurt, you had to look at each and every one of them before you went to bed each night.

School began again. You were nervous to say the least, nervous but not scared. You took a deep breath with your eyes squeezed shut as you took the step into the classroom. The empty classroom.

'He isn't here..?' You thought to yourself.

Karma was always there before you, he didn't want you to sit lonely each morning. That had changed. But, you kept hope. The entire day, the entire week, you kept hope.

He didn't show up to school until the second week of school, he showed up a period before lunch. His face was covered in scrapes and his exposed forearms were covered in small bruises.

"Nice of you to finally join us, Akabane," Mr. Hashimoto joked.

"Yep," he huffed in return before taking his seat.

"Where have you been?" You whisper-yelled to him.

He simply ignored you. This is where you finally began feeling anger towards him.

The short period ended, Karma got up. You grabbed his wrist and dragged him to an empty area outside of the school.

"What are you doing?" He asked harshly.

"No Karma, what the fuck are you doing?" You retaliated. "Cutting school for a week? And from the looks of it, getting into fights again? You told me you were done with that shit."

"Sorry, I'm a little rusty on the whole fighting thing. Next time you don't have to worry about any wounds," he deadpanned. "None of this is your business, in case you missed it, you aren't my girlfriend anymore."

"Oh no, trust me, I know. I understand what I did was horrible and believe me, I don't regret anything more than talking about you like that," you sighed. "But you told me we could talk, I've waited all fucking summer for you to even just read my messages but no, you didn't."

"You're just like everyone else, (L/N). I'm not wasting my time on just another person who sees me as nothing but damaged goods."

Hearing him call you by your surname felt like a dagger to the stomach. Though the two of you only dated for a month, he meant everything to you.

"That's not true," the words struggled to come out of your throat.

"Speak up. You're not crying your way out of this one," he inched closer to you.

"I said that's not true, I see you as nothing less than an amazing person. If you would've just read my messages you would know I mean that from the bottom og my heart."

"You think flattery will get you out of the hole you dug yourself?" He chuckled.

"Why aren't you listening to me? I've apologised over and over again, I know at the end of the day this is all my fault," you were holding back tears. "You know, Akabane. I know I've changed from the person I was in Junior High, but how you're acting right now makes me feel like you haven't truly changed much at all."

"Wow, look who finally put her big girl pants on," he mocked. "Go on, keep going! Really, tell me all about what you think of me now."

"I think you're speaking out of anger, you're not thinking. You're just being mean for the sake of being mean now, come find me when you actually want to talk this all out."

"Yeah, just run away."

You ignored him as you re-entered the school. That's when the tears finally began to shed.