𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵. 𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

- You were taking deep breaths while walking to the gym. You felt sick to your stomach due to the nerves

'After a month, it's finally happening. My first boyfriend.'

You arrived, he would be just around the corner, you could feel your heart pounding out of your chest. With you eyes squeezed shut, you took the step that would lead you face to face with him.

"Kar-" you opened your eyes, "Yamada..?"

"Hey! You got my letter, perfect," his cheeks were flushed pink, a soft smile on his face.

"No, no, but the letter said Princess (Y/N)," you looked down.

"Well yeah, princess of A-Class, that's what everyone called you in junior high.

"Right.. Uh, so what did you want to tell me?"

"Well, isn't it obvious?" He gently grabbed both your hands. "I really like you, (L/N). I've liked you since the first time my sister brought you over, you're the sweetest most beautiful girl I've ever met. So I guess what I'm trying to say is, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Oh, I..."

"No, you're right, that's probably too soon," he chuckled. "We should probably wait until after we go out, right?"

"I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself.. I haven't agreed to anything."

"Right, of course, my bad," he tightened his grip a tiny bit. "So, what do you say?"

"I can't Yamada. I'm sorry."

"Huh?" He let go of your hands. "You're rejecting me?"

"There's just this other guy.. I promise, you're very sweet and all but I've had my eyes on this guy for a while now, a really long time actually. Longer than I'd like to admit."

"I see, sorry this just hasn't happened to me before," he let out a disappointed sigh. "Well, whoever this guy is, just know he's lucky to have you. He'd be an idiot to not see how incredible you are."

"Thanks, Yamada. I'll uh, see you around," emotions overcame you, all you wanted to do was go home.

The more you walked, the bigger the lump in your throat got, the more your nose burnt.

'I'm so stupid, did I really think Karma would confess to me? That he liked me? What was I thinking, he could barely tolerate me at the start. Why did I have to fall for him this hard?'

You pulled out your phone and called Mizuki.

"Hey, hey! Who was it?" She asked, excited yet nervous at the same time.

"Kenji Yamada.."

"No way, he's cute! Only thing I miss about Kana to be honest," she laughed. "Hey, wait, are you okay? You sound like you're crying."

You were so lost in thought, you didn't even notice you had begun shedding tears.

"What? Oh, no, no I'm not," you lied, wiping the tears from your face.

"Then why do you sound sniffly?" She asked.

"Allergies, it's allergy season, y'know," you got your breathing under control, calming down.

"Right, anyways. What'd you say to Yamada, you said yes, right? God, imagine all those jealous girls!"

"I told him no."

"What, why?! How?! Girl if that were me I'd jump straight to fucking marriage."

"I'm just not into him, not my type," you sighed. "That's all."

"Well, maybe I'll try to get with him then. Your loss," she joked.

"What about your dear Asano?" You teased in return. "Anyways, I gotta go, about to get on my train. See you later."

"Bye, tell your mom I said hi."

"Mhm, I will." You hung up the phone just as you were about to get on the train.

You took your seat, looking at your phone you saw a text from Karma.

5:07 PM

Karma Akabane

You ok?? You left class really fast.

5:15 PM

You

yep all good, just had to get to yearbook early

5:16 PM

Karma Akabane

Damn how come?

5:18 PM

You

wanted to go home lol

5:19 PM

Karma Akabane

Makes sense. Well, as long as ur ok ig it's fine u didn't say bye to me, jerk

5:21 PM

You

sorry !!!! i'll say bye to you twice tomorrow to make up for it

5:22 PM

Karma Akabane

Well aren't you smart? Better not forget

5:23 PM

You

i wont, promise

Despite talking to your favourite person, you still felt lumps in your throat.

'I'm just a friend.'