𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵. 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

11:59 pm

 - You laid on your back, unable to fall asleep. You didn't know what was keeping you up until you remembered the short, unsweet conversation you had with karma earlier that day.

"Contrary to popular belief, I'm not a complete and total dick. You sat behind me in the first year of Junior High."

Sudden memories from junior high hit you, memories from when you weren't afraid of the red haired boy.

'His name is so unique, it's almost cute though,' a thirteen year old (Y/N) thought to herself. 'His red hair, yellow eyes.. He even looks unique, and in a good way too. A really good way.'

Karma had always had a charismatic personality - his sadistic actions just weighed that factor out. At the beginning of the year he was nearly as popular with the girls as Asano was but one by one, he had done something to scare them off, whether it had been a fight or him threatening someone's life. However, you had nearly a soft spot for him, being able to come up with arguments to defend him just not projecting those thoughts.

"Got an extra pencil?" Karma asked, he nearly looked identical to present day - just with a tad bit more of a baby face.

"Hm?"

"Extra pencil..? Mine broke." He presented you with a yellow pencil which was snapped right where the wood and lead met.

"Oh sorry, yeah! Here you go," you handed him a metal mechanical pencil, sure they were expensive but you saw this as an opportunity to finally grab his attention.

"Thanks, appreciate it," he snatched it from your hand and continued working away.

Not how you expected the conversation to go but you weren't exactly disappointed.

About an hour passed, and you were all stumped with the worksheet you were given for your trigonometry lesson, even though it was a multiple choice - none of the choices seemed right.

Karma turned around, gently placing the pencil onto your desk. He turned around to check if your teacher was paying attention, which thankfully he wasn't. He leaned over your desk, getting within inches of your ear, but his eyes drawn to your paper.

"E, I, A, B, D, A, A, C," he whispered.

"What..?"

 Those are the rest of the answers you need. 26 isn't right either it seems - you put A, it's D."

"I don't-"

"Trust me. Just, consider it my thanks for letting me use that fancy pencil. E, I, A, B, D, A, A, C." He got up, handed in the worksheet and went on his way.

E, I, A, B, D, A, A. You circled each letter carefully. You had your doubts, waited a few minutes but handed it in anyways and returned to your desk. You were confused as to how he would remember all that, or how he knew the answers just by glancing at the questions but you have him the benefit of the doubt.

The next day, your teacher had an extremely unhappy look on his face.

"Have you all learnt nothing? Every single one of you except two students got the last 15 questions dead wrong. Akabane, (L/N), thank you for clearly paying attention to my lectures. The rest of you, what are you even doing in A-Class?"

While your teacher went on his rant, Karma looked back at you, a small smile on his face. You mouthed the words 'thank you', to which he just nodded in return.

Memories like that hit you like a ton of bricks, of him being nice to you, your small conversations that would make your day simply because he wanted to talk to you, your mother and Kaori's words about him going through a tough time were practically screaming at you in your head.

"Holy shit.. I'm an asshole," you whispered to yourself.

Then, you made a plan.

'By the end of the term, I will befriend Akabane, he needs someone whether he'll admit it or not.'