𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵. 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

- You spent all of the next day on your phone, texting Karma. Not about anything specific but just to talk. Your mother came home late at night so your chat with her was short, all that mattered is that she had no clue a boy was over.

"(Y/N), Kaori's here," your mother called on the following Monday morning.

You ran down the stairs, immediately putting on your shoes and grabbing your bag.

"Thanks, bye mom, love you!" You joined your friend in a rush.

"So, it seems like your mom was right," Kaori laughed a bit.

"Oh, how so?"

"Look at you, all smiley and cute, what's up?"

"What are your plans for after club?" You asked.

"Nothing, just going home, why..?"

"I'll come over and tell you after club then," you smiled.

"I'm supposed to wait, what? Like 8 hours? Nah, we're skipping club today then."

"Oh Kaori, you're getting rebellious," you teased.

At the school, the only people there at that point were the sports teams for early morning practice. Kenji happened to be on the volleyball team. While his teammate, Hikaru, was getting water, a blonde girl was approaching him.

"Psst, Hikaru," she tapped his shoulder.

"Huh, Yamada? Don't call me Hikaru, I'm your upperclassman. We are definitely not on a first-name basis."

The blonde girl was Kana, she looked nothing like her older brother. Her blonde hair was curled into tight waves and was always in a ponytail, her eyes were an icy blue.

"Oh whatever, like I even remember your surname. If Kenji can call you Hikaru, so can I."

Kenji and Hikaru were close friends.

"Whatever. What do you want? Why are you even here this early?"

"I want to know why my big brother has been in such a mood lately, he won't tell me but it's obviously a big deal. I'm sure he told you or someone else on the team so, spill!"

"Nah, if he wanted you to know he'd tell you himself," Hikaru began to walk away, Kana grabbed his wrist.

"You'd better tell me, 'cause it'd be a real shame if my brother found out one of his dearest friends was flirting with his ex-girlfriend."

Kenji had dated a few girls to get his mind off of you, but due to the guilt of it never working they never lasted more than a few months.

"Yeah right, never happened."

"Oh? So, you don't know my friend Emiko Suzuki? That's so weird, because she was telling me all about how her and Hikaru from the volleyball team were getting pretty serious."

"Fuck, fine," he groaned. "I'll tell you, but I swear to God if you snitch on me for this or if you tell him about Emi before I get a chance to."

"Yeah, yeah, I got it just tell me. Better hurry before your coach gets suspicious."

"That (L/N) girl from your year rejected him, for another guy he said," Hikaru sighed.

"Wait, wait, (L/N) as in (Y/N) (L/N)?"

"Yeah, her. With the (H/C) hair, he's been talking about her for years but it didn't work out so he's pretty upset."

"What a bitch," Kana muttered. "Thanks, Hikaru. Go run along now," she shooed him off.

After about forty minutes, you arrived at school. You wasted no time to get to your classroom.

"Hey, you," Karma smiled.

"Hey, you," you responded, sitting at your desk. "Mr. Hashimoto in the teacher's lounge again?"

"Sure it, just you and me," he teased.

"Is that right?" You laughed a bit.

"You know, it's really crazy how you manage to always look this pretty, even first thing in the morning."

You could feel your face heat up.

"Thank you."

"That's it? Just thank you? No, 'oh, you too!'," he jokingly rolled his eyes.

"Oh shut up," you said before leaning over to kiss him.

The school day went by, you and Karma kept it pretty lowkey. Nothing more than innocent flirting throughout the day. Soon, you made it to Kaori's house.

"(Y/N)! It's so good to see you," Kaori's mother, Elizabeth exclaimed as you both walked into the house.

"It's good to see you too Mrs. Allan," you smiled.

Kaori's mother chose not to take the surname 'Tanaka' when she got married. She was a foreigner, often going home to Canada for work related things.

"Momma, we're heading to my room now. Club ended early today so we're going to study," Kaori announced as you both took off your shoes.

"I see, let me know if you girls need anything," she went back to looking at the T.V..

"Mhm, we will, thank you," you responded as you and Kaori both ran up the stairs.

You laid on your stomach on her bed while she sat at her desk chair.

"Okay, okay, I've been dying all day, tell me!" She exclaimed.

"Okay, so.. Remember how Karma came over on Friday?" You began, she nodded. "So we were watching this movie, right? And then he started like holding my face and then.."

"No way," her jaw dropped.

"Yes way!"

"Was it like a kiss or like a kiss kiss."

"We were like full blown making out, and he was so sweet after," you happily sighed.

"Well, then what happened?" She was on the edge of her seat.

"He spent the night."

"(Y/N)!"

"No, not like that! Jesus, I just didn't want to be home alone," you laughed.

"Your mom is seriously going to kill you, does she know?"

"If my mom knew, I don't think I'd be here right now," you rolled onto your back. "I'd be like six-feet-under."

"Probably," she laughed. "So, are you guys like dating now?"

"I think so."

"What do you mean?" She questioned.

"I mean, he didn't ask me and I didn't ask him so.."

"What do you mean he didn't ask you?"

"I don't know he just didn't ask me!"

"Well don't let him assume you're dating!" She exclaimed.

"Why not? I mean, I don't mind."

"Because he's gotta man up and ask! That's how relationships work, someone asks! And since he made the first move, it's his job."

"I guess that makes sense," you were pretty clueless when it came to these sorts of things, getting most of you 'knowledge' from books, movies and Kaori. 

"Of course it does! Now, you don't assume anything either!"

"Yeah, yeah, I won't," you laughed. "Let's go downstairs, I'm hungry."