𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵. 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘰𝘯𝘦

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

- You hadn't thought about your father often, but the conversation you had with Karma got you thinking about it for awhile.

'What does he look like? Does he ever think about me? Is he even still alive?'

"(Y/N), helloo?" Kaori waved her hand in front of your eyes to get your attention.

"Sorry, sorry, just zoned out," you laughed a bit. "What's up?"

"Mizuki and Mutsuko are driving me nuts! Poor (Y/N) this, crazy Akabane that. It's killing me," she groaned.

"We've only been dating for like three weeks, they haven't asked me much. Just about our 'science project', good lie by the way."

"Thank you, thank you. But God, they just won't shut the fuck up."

"Copy me, just start hanging out with Hokama," Hokama was the name of the boy Kaori had been seeing.

"He's always practicing with his friends at lunch," she sighed. "I'll just cope. You know, I still think it's crazy that you and Akabane ended up dating. I mean, you couldn't stand the idea of talking to him at the start of this year."

"I know right? God knows I'm not telling him about that."

"Really? I figured the two of you would've been laughing about it by now."

"Nah, I don't want to hurt his feelings. Tough guys like that are always secretly sensitive," you laughed a bit.

"I guess that makes sense. You're lucky, Hokama's a crybaby," she joked.

Soon, you arrived at school. You couldn't help but be a bit thankful you weren't stopped in your tracks by Kenji every morning, you still found the whole ordeal a bit strange but you were just happy you had finally had Karma.

"You know, I just love that I never have to wait on you," you said to Karma, who was seated at his desk.

"What can I say? I've turned a new leaf."

You sat next to him.

"So, summer break is coming up, when are you headed to Europe?" You asked.

"July twenty-fifth. I'll be there for a week and a half, my parents said no exceptions," he groaned.

"Well, I'm sure you'll still have fun."

"I wish, I'm just gonna be playing housekeeper while my parents work. I wish I could just stay here and hang out with you."

"Then I guess we'll just have to text extra!" You smiled, trying to make him feel better.

"I'll do my best, you'll be eight hours ahead of me though. Jesus, that jet-lag  is gonna suck."

"Just enjoy the time you have left here, then we can make plans for when you get back. A nice date or something," you held his hand.

"A date I'll pay for?"

"Mhm, that's right," you laughed a bit.

"You little shit," he chuckled. "Isn't it an unspoken rule that whoever suggests the idea pays?"

"We don't do unspoken rules, as far as I'm concerned, chivalry never died."

"You're lucky I can't be mad at you," he leaned over and kissed your forehead.

The two of you continued talking about your plans for summer break, all you had thought of was finding a part-time job and spending more time with your friends since Karma would be gone.

After school, you walked Karma to the gates early. Mr. Hashimoto occasionally allowed the two of you to leave early since you were always the first to arrive, to 'study'.On those days you both took it as a sign to skip out on your clubs.

"Gonna wait for your friends?" He asked, still holding your hand.

"Nope, gotta head to the grocery store. Wanna come with me?" You smiled.

"If I could, you know I would. But I got dragged into plans with Nagisa, Isogai, Maehara and Sugino."

"Maehara? You hang out with that guy?"

"Not really.. Why? You one of his old flings?" He chuckled.

"God no, but he did date Mizuki and Mutsuko at the same time. He's not very popular with the girls I'm friends with," you laughed.

"Of course not, he's the definition of a slut, good thing you didn't get caught in that mess, would've had to kill him," the best part of when Karma would say things like that, you could never tell if he was joking. "Well, I have to get going. Text me when you're home."

"Of course, I'll see you tomorrow," you gave him a quick hug before he pulled you into a kiss.

You were still waiting by the gates, waiting for your mother to text you what she needed from the store. To see if you had to go to a proper store of just a 7/11 before you started walking one way or another.

"Hey, (Y/N)!"

You looked up to see Kana.

'Oh God, what do you want?' Is what you wanted to say.

"Oh hey, Yamada.."

"Come on, you know me better than that! Call me Kana."

"Okay, Kana. Can I help you? I really have got to get going."

"Why can't we have a chat? It's been awhile," she pouted.

"You know exactly why.."

"Whatever, fine. I won't play all nice then. You broke my brother's heart."

"That's not exactly how I remember it," you mumbled.

"Don't act all tough, cut the mumbling out. You're seriously going to regret ever doing that to Kenji, I-" before she could finish, the bell rang. All the sports teams flooded out of the school. "You're lucky." Were her last words before she walked away.

'What a freak..'