𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵. 𝘵𝘦𝘯

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

- Half an hour after Karma left, your mother came home.

"I hope you aren't too disappointed with the small meal," your mother said as she watched as you ate your fast food meal at the table.

"No, it's good. Thanks for picking it up," you smiled.

"How was Kaori? You girls get a lot of studying done? I was surprised to see she wasn't still here when I got home."

"Oh, yeah. Her mom needed help with dinner so she headed home a bit earlier than usual. She was helping me out with my History project I was telling you about."

You had lied and told your mother Kaori would be over instead of Karma. Why? Your mother has a horrible relationship with men.

Your father had disappeared while your mother was pregnant with you, after promising her the world. This resulted in her believing all men are scum. Sure, while you were young she had the occasional boyfriend but those never worked out either. This only fuelled her hatred more.

"Men only want one thing from pretty girls like you, dear. Don't trust them, be nothing more than friends with those.. Things," words of warning like that filled your brain from the time you were nine. You always thought of it to be unfair.

"Well, we should head to bed. I'll tidy up, I'm sure you had a long night with Ms. Ido," you smiled while picking up the tiny cardboard boxes and paper bag.

"I'm afraid you're right," your mother laughed softly. "You don't stay up too late!"

"I won't, don't worry," you smiled as you led your mother to the staircase. "Goodnight, mom! Love you."

"Goodnight, hun. I love you, sleep well," she responded while heading up the stairs and to her room.

You let out a sigh once you heard her door shut.

After tidying the kitchen you went upstairs to the bathroom, where you had a hot shower. While scrubbing your scalp with shampoo your mind flooded with thoughts. Thoughts of Karma and where these feelings for him came from.

'Up until like a week ago he's been nothing but a grump. Why do I crave his attention?' you thought.

A few minutes later, after finishing your shower and brushing your teeth. You put on your favourite pajama set. Turning off your lamp while getting under your covers, pulling your covers up onto your body, squeezing your eyes shut, you tried to forget about it but Karma was the only thing on your mind.

After about an hour you drifted into sleep, dreaming of the red-haired boy - though of course you wouldn't remember that come morning.

You woke up with your quilt on the ground, as summer was slowly approaching. Your hair was a mess and eyes puffy.

Your morning routine was the same as usual, bathroom, uniform, hair, makeup then breakfast. The only thing different about that day was you were so hyper fixated on how you looked physically. You even tried something different with your hair, subtle change but still new to you.

"Well, I should get going. Thank you for breakfast, mom!" You smiled.

"Of course, my dear. Better hurry to meet Kaori. Have a good day at school," she put your dishes away for you.

"I'm sure it'll be great," of course it would be, you were sitting next to Karma. "I'm off now, bye I love you!"

Your mother exchanged the same words in return.

"Oh, good morning, (Y/N)! Out just on time," Kaori chirped as she approached your home's gate.

"Good morning," you gave a soft smile. "I guess I was just excited this morning!"

"Excited? For school? Wow, really fitting in with the A-Class crowd again," she teased.

"No, No! Not like that," you laughed as you both began the walk to the train station. "Oh my God, I'm so bad at keeping secrets from you, I can't do this. I'm gonna tell you something but you can't tell a soul!"

"Okay... Is it bad?"

"Well, I guess some people would think of it that way, considering just who it's about."

"Okay, okay. I'm ready, tell me!" She squeezed her eyes shut for a moment, as if she was expecting life-changing news.

"So I might have a little teeny tiny crush on Akabane..." You admitted.

"Wait, actually?"

You nodded.

"Aww, that's so sweet! Do you think it'll go anywhere? Like the furthest you've gone is a single date with like a handful of guys."

"I don't know, I seriously doubt he feels the same. I mean we just became proper friends yesterday! But, I really like him, Kaori, like a lot. Just as much as I did years ago. I don't know where this all came from, it feels almost like my feelings for him never left, I was just ignoring them."

"Just give it time, (Y/N). You're a great person and I'm sure he'll see that. Guys like Akabane are just stubborn and take time."

"Oh, definitely stubborn," you laughed. "But, hey. I mean it when I say this stays between us. I really don't want Mutsuko and Mizuki to know."

"Oh God of course not. I love them and all but they can be quite.."

"Mean?"

"You said it, not me," you laughed.

"Oh you know I'm right!"

"Yeah, I know. But you don't got to worry about anything! I won't tell a soul. Having a secret might be fun," she smiled.

"Thanks, I really appreciate it."

"Of course," she smiled.