𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵. 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

Karma Akabane

- You stared at his contact, you had to fight the urge not text him just about your day or just what he's up to.

'I can't force him to be my friend right away, be patient, (Y/N).' You thought to yourself.

4:42 PM

hey akabane! i hope you made it home safe

"No, no.. Too much conversation. Gotta be straight to the point."

You hit the backspace button.

4:43 PM

You

hey akabane! i was just wondering if you'd like to meet up sometime this week to get a dent in our project?

This one, you sent. You threw your phone across your bed. You laid flat on your back and covered your face with your hands.

'God, why am I like this? I shouldn't be this nervous. Fuck, Kaori got in my head.'

You stared at your ceiling, waiting to hear your phone vibrate on the piles of blankets it was resting on.

Roughly five minutes later, you checked your phone.

4:43 PM

You

hey akabane! i was just wondering if you'd like to meet up sometime this week to get a dent in our project?

Read

4:48 PM

You

hello? sorry i'm not trying to be annoying, just wanna get this out of the way so i don't fill up my schedule!!

4:50 PM

Karma Akabane

Hey sry was at the store, wifi there is ass. Why don't we just do it over email or something? Do we have to meet up?

4:51 PM

You

i think we should, we could just go to a cafe or one of our houses. it'll be easier to communicate for the project.

4:55 PM

Karma Akabane

Ur not coming to my house lmao, nice try

4:56 PM

You

yep thats totally fine, just lmk whatever's easiest

5:00 PM

Karma Akabane

K

You sighed as you shut off your phone.

"Why does he have to be so difficult? Like this isn't even to be friends, it's for a stupid grade!" You ranted to yourself as you paced back and forth across your room. "Why won't I just give up, he's made it pretty fucking obvious he doesn't want to be friends. Like this is all on me pretty much, why am I so frustrated."

You sat at your desk, opening your laptop and stared at your notebook. A page reading 'Marie Antionette Essay ' written in black pen, was practically blank, excluding the doodles of hearts and stars on the corners of the pages. You took your pencil case, grabbing a pencil, pen and several coloured highlighters - you figured it'll help pass the time better if you made the notes aesthetically pleasing.

After about an hour you had written out a planning page for your essay, your thesis and supporting arguments and piggybacks off of statements you'd make. You figured you write out some for Karma as well, not as a gesture this time, just because you were in a zone.

Karma's took a bit longer to write out but you made sure it was neat and organized, you even wrote a little note at the end clarifying that he did not need to use the notes you'd made for him, that you had simply wrote them for fun. With a sigh, you put everything away and carefully placed your notes in your bag for the following morning.

"Akabane! Good morning," you smiled, he was in class before you. That was new.

"Yeah, morning."

"Oh, right, I have something for you," you went into your bag and grabbed the folded piece of paper. "I had some spare time last night so I thought I'd start our project off, you don't need to use these I just thought it'd be nice to get this out of the way."

He took the piece of paper and scanned it quickly but thoroughly.

"This is actually really helpful.. Thanks, you didn't need to do that for me though."

"It's no worries, like I said I had spare time. It was kind of fun anyways, but I'm glad they're helpful! To be honest I was a little worried you wouldn't consider my help," you laughed a bit nervously while sitting next to him.

"No, no, this is great. You really went into detail, I appreciate it," with that, his presence didn't feel as intimidating. "So, about what you messaged me.. Why don't we meet up tomorrow at your place if that's cool."

"Yeah, that should be no problem, just be there after five, I should be home by then."

"Five, sounds good. Text me the address later."

"Mhm, of course," you smiled.

You wondered what is was that changed so drastically about him in such a short period of time but you ended up shrugging it off. It wasn't something to complain about after all.