1. like Never

Trigga Pov

I throw the last rose petal on the bed and step back looking at my work. It looks amazing, Britney will be happy. I check each bag to make sure everything is inside and is ready for her to open. It's not our anniversary or her birthday, someone posted a picture with me hugging a girl on Instagram and she sent me the picture without saying anything and I know my wife. She is upset because everyone thinks I'm dating the girl given the fact that no one knows I'm married to her.

My baby has made a name for herself in the corporate world as one of the most respected criminal lawyers. I'm proud of her but I still cannot show her off to the world.

I head out the house closing it and getting inside my Benz and heading to my warehouse in Norwood. I walk pass everyone and enter my office taking a seat.

"Boss the MP outside." Clive says walking into my office.

"Send him in." I respond, logging into my email to check on my legit businesses.

I hear the door open and look up to see the newly elected official walking into my office.

"Mr Lewis, how you do?" He says with his hand outstretched.

"Trigga to you and wah u a seh?" I say as I continue reading through my email as he takes a seat.

"I want to come to an understanding with you in regards to St James. The violence has been increasing over the last few months."

"Everything good pon my side but me understand seh some out a town man a come in a the parish."

"Yes and Norwood and salt Spring protected but what about the rest of communities?" He says fixing his tie.

"Me nah solve crime fi nuh politician. Send on some cheese and me get rid a some unruly rat" I say standing up.

I hear a ringing and I look down seeing my family phone ringing, I answer immediately.

"Daddy Kahjeel and Trey are fighting again" my daughter says on the other end.

I use my hand to indicate to the MP to leave my office which he does.

"Zahria baby where is Nana? Give your brother the phone."

I hear shuffling until I hear him on the line.

"Yes daddy."

"Busshead why you and Skull a fight? Me nuh tell you seh you and him fi low that out man." I hiss grabbing my car keys to head out.

"Daddy him kick me foot and me slap him and him start fight me suh me fight him back. Nah tek him lick"

A my son that inuh.

Before I could answer I hear my aunt Judy on the phone.

"Kahlil the pickney them a drive me crazy them too bad." She laughs.

"Suh weh April deh?"

"She on her way back to Jamaica me son."

A pinpin she a come watch inuh.

"Alright aunty me a come link you next weekend and me go send some food to you for the Month."

I disconnect the call going to my online banking and sending my Aunt $20,000usd to stock the house and pay the bills and any other thing until I go there next weekend.

Some will think that's alot of money but try feeding eight kids under ten. Everyday they want a new toy.

I look on the wall clock and notice that it's 5pm and I know Britney is about to leave work. I dropped her off this morning so I know I'll have to pick her up.