Chapter 1 : The Kleptomaniac

3rd June, Year 2005, 10:30 pm

Blinding lights lit the busy streets of Shibuya, loud with noises of hundreds of people, night buskers, cars and the loudest, motorbikes.

This was the time of the day when gangs became most active. 

A GXS400F roared with a wide-open throttle, surpassing many vehicles on this dark, slippery concrete, heading to an undefined destination. 

Wearing a pitch-dark helmet with an all black attire and riding gloves,

Y/n was feeling thrilled and proud over their successful theft.

With a smug smile stretching on their face, they turned their head back and stuck out their tongue.

Y/n was being chased by a gang for their crime which they had just committed.

At least six dudes were after them on their bikes, cursing and threatening them to stop. 

"You ain't going anywhere fucker, we'll murder you if you don't stop at once!"

"Sure!"

And Y/n suddenly pressed the brakes. 

With a screeching noise and a little jump from their rear tyre, they came at an immediate halt. 

"Murder me!" Y/n mocked loudly.

With a great speed the punks moved past them and slipped messily on the road.

Y/n chuckled and immediately went off in another direction taking a sharp turn leaving them behind. 

Y/n rode quite far away from them. But they still had one leech behind them which was speeding up and almost caught up to them. They took this as a challenge and pulled back the throttle just to further accelerate; and immediately turned to see him falling behind.

But as soon as they diverted their attention ahead, a loud crashing sound rang in their ears.

Their eyes widened.

In slow motion, they felt themselves fall down the motorcycle. They felt an unrecognisable feeling in their head as if they were beyond time, their chest felt tight but also fully opened like never before. They couldn't even process the feeling. 

All of it in a split second, and they were back to their consciousness, feeling a sharp pain in their right shoulder and wrist. 

Y/n gasped sharply, utterly shocked at this happening. They were lying on the hard concrete on their side, with the motorcycle fallen next to them.

But they were too focused on the guy who was chasing them, so they quickly supported themselves up and immediately turned back only to find that the punk had completely vanished. 

'Huh?' they thought for a second but then shook the confusion off as they sighed in relief.

Suddenly, they felt someone grab their left shoulder and turn them around.

Y/n came out of their trance and realised the whole situation, they had crashed with someone and the guy who was chasing them was nowhere in sight anymore. 

They looked at the person whom they had crashed with—he was a delinquent—they judged from his attire. The guy wore a worried and angered expression. He had some scratches on his arms and cheek as well but seemed in a good condition. He had blonde hair and looked like a teen.

"Don't you see the red light?" He mocked, annoyed. 

They did not respond.

He kept watching them as they just stared at him blankly as if zoning out.