Six months before the accident

🅂🄸🅇 🄼🄾🄽🅃🄷🅂 🄰🄶🄾

- If we take the monkey and the human, which is more intelligent? asked my best friend, Eden.
- The monkey !
- The human. But sometimes, I also lean towards the monkey.

Eden and I have known each other since middle school. He and I are inseparable but sometimes it's better to separate.

𝙼𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝙹𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝙼𝚘𝚖 :
--- 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚊𝚗 𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚛 ---

𝙵𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝙼𝚘𝚖 𝚝𝚘 𝙹𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚢 :
--- 𝙱𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚏𝚞𝚕 ---

I was sure in advance that she was in the middle of a consultation when she answered me. I was never comfortable when she was on appointments because of one day when one of her regular patients brought his gun to kill her because he was still depressed. Since then I've been afraid for her.

𝙵𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝙼𝚘𝚖 𝚝𝚘 𝙹𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚢 :
---𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚝𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚖𝚎 ---

Maybe I was too protective of my own mother. Or others in general.

𝙵𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝙹𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝙼𝚘𝚖 :
--- 𝙸 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚎 ---

We had this kind of relationship that was friendly in messages but as soon as we saw each other, we were best friends.

Eden smiled and took my arm. Arm in arm, we headed towards Ma chère Inconnue. The owner, Bob, was a Frenchman who left because of endless debts.

- Hey, Bob ! shouted Eden as he entered the restaurant.

A few customers turned around but didn't linger when they saw me. It was easy to shut people up when you're a very protective and aggressive person.

- Jessy, shall we sit down? Eden asked, looking at the empty table that we took every time.
- As per usual. I laughed, regaining my scattered thoughts.

Bob arrived and served us our usual dishes.

- For the young man, pasta carbonara and for the young lady, pasta bolognese. Smiles the fifty-year-old.

His French accent always made the situation less awkward when there were people around.

- Bon appétit. he told us in French before going back behind the stove.

Emily, the service manager, looked intently at my best friend who was far too interested in his pasta than the Barbie waitress. I never knew why but I always hated that slut from first grade.

- Aren't you eating, Jessy ? she asked me when she passed us.
- Your face takes away my appetite. I spat, not looking at her.

She looked at Eden with eyes asking for help but he was too interested in her dish.

- Eden. Emily called with a pleading voice.

He looked up from his dish with a mouthful. He swallowed with difficulty as his Adam's apple was slowly rising.

- Yes ?
- Your friend is not very nice. she whined.
- Too bad for you. I said getting up and walking out paying my bill.

That's when we drifted apart.

🄰 🄵🄴🅆 🄷🄾🅄🅁🅂 🄻🄰🅃🄴🅁

Hey, hello, good evening...Jessy, please call me back instead of sulking. Why are you leaving ? Did I do something stupid? Remind me when you listen to this message. I love you, idiot...good night My protector.