Jessica seen by Henry

I tossed and turned several times in bed without being able to fall asleep. I had been an idiot without knowing it. Cherry climbed onto the bed and rested her head on my chest.

- Do you believe me if I tell you that I was stupid ? Do you remember Jessica ? She has just celebrated her sixteenth birthday. She's still beautiful but you see, I don't know how to talk to her. Well, I mean, how do I tell her that I like her. I keep replaying our conversation, except that one piece of the puzzle is missing. She is so beautiful. But no more than you. Do you think she loves me too ?

Cherry barked and licked my cheek.

- Oh, Cherry, ok, I understand female solidarity really exists. I thought it only worked between humans but apparently not. Do you...do you want to teach me ? You are the perfect female dog for this job.

I knew she didn't understand me but I liked talking to her.

- Well, already, she is beautiful but really. All the guys like her and they would like more...well you see. Her brown hair suits her very well although I miss her curls. She has this smile that could make anyone fall in love. Eyes that would disarm a soldier. Her eyes...they are brown or even dark honey. Sometimes there's green in it. While climbing, I managed to touch her and I think she wanted me to...kiss her but I got scared like an idiot and pushed her. I knew she was safe but I regretted it immediately afterwards.

Cherry let out a disapproving huff.

- I know I was being stupid but she's making me lose all my senses. I feel like if I had been in a book, I would have ended up in one of Jane Austin's books. You think I would be good for her. Apart from reading, we have nothing in common but she has always been there for me. Especially when Emily left me for her anti-problem. How jealous I was of Eden and now that I think about it, how stupid I was. He's just his best friend. Do you believe it ? I fell in love with a girl who really wanted me. Emily dated me because she was ashamed of being single. It's true that I'm not a model but still I wasn't desperate and I believed that apart from you, people were finally going to love me. She's not perfect but I know she doesn't want to be. She is human and that's what I like about her. Am I too romantic ?

Cherry licked my face and I hugged her.

- Luckily you're here.

I smiled and fell asleep pretty quickly.

-------- ☀︎ --------

And yet another one written by a woman. It's a good thing we exist because otherwise there would only be rambunctious assholes in the books. Haha

Bye bye !