Chapter 29

The news of Shin Ji-yoo's passing undoubtedly came as a shock to everyone. After all, just a few days ago she attended a public event where everything was fine. Many articles were being published, some adding false accusations, some purely lying and twisting the whole situation, and others, simply just trying to inform the public about the news. Along with that, every news channel was talking about the case and giving some of their input on it. It was safe to say that her case quickly became very popular.

Everyone was surprised that no one found a culprit yet. Of course, there were people on the internet who were trying to undercover the mystery but none were successful. Not even the police who were desperately working on the case were able to get anything. The only thing they had was that some of the estate cameras would turn off randomly just to turn back on a few seconds later.

Along with that Ji-yoo's mother was starting to show her true colors. It was obvious she was distressed about the whole situation but she started to act out of character. She slapped a few people which was completely unnecessary and would constantly scream and belittle reporters and writers. Although everyone agreed that yes she was a grieving mother she shouldn't be calling random people 'bastards' and 'poor idiots.' Sooner than later articles about Ji-yoo's mother's reactions and responses became popular.

Little by little Ji-yoo's mother was losing her calm, loving, and kind reputation. This just sent her into a rage causing her to be more violent and rude. She started making comments such as 'I can't believe that the poor have nothing better to do than make articles about the rich and their losses and achievements. Are they that bored?" Things like this just sent the public into a rage and soon people started focusing more on Ji-yoo's mother than Ji-yoo herself. This all came to a head when one article in particular was posted.

"Was Shin Ji-yoo really who she appeared to be? Or is she just putting on a fake face for the public?

Written and published by - Anonymous"

Within thirty minutes of the article being posted, it had already gained everyone's attention. The news of the article was all everyone was talking about. It revealed all of the secrets that the Shin family tried to hide from the public eye. Most would think that it was all fake with the accusations that were in the article. Yet everything was backed up with proof.

"The now-deceased Shin Ji-yoo was never a 'kind' and 'innocent' girl like the public made her out to be. She was nothing but a cruel spoiled brat who tormented others she deemed beneath her. Not only was she a bully from middle school up to high-school but she was also a heavy substance abuser. Her mother Shin Areum enabled her actions which caused Ji-yoo to continue without facing any sort of consequences. This also led to the death of nineteen innocent students.

Most of the students, unfortunately, ended their own lives due to the severe bullying that Ji-yoo inflicted on them. There were a few occurrences that led Ji-yoo herself to take the lives of these students. One example of this is when Ji-yoo and her group of friends forced a girl up onto the rooftop of their school where they then forced her to strip out of her uniform leaving her only in her undergarments. Once this was done they had her walk along the edge of the rooftop railing while screaming things along the lines of 'I'm a filthy whore.' Many students saw this and started recording the scene while laughing at the girl. Eventually, Ji-yoo pushed the girl off the rooftop which was caught on almost everyone's phones.

Ji-yoo's parents paid everyone involved with the incident in exchange to keep them quiet. The mother of the girl tried everything in her power to seek vengeance for her daughter eventually taking Ji-yoo and her parents to court. With a little bit of bribery, Ji-yoo's family won the case causing the mother of the girl to lose most of her financial resources.

Unfortunately that's not all. Ji-yoo continued to harass people she didn't like. This led to her writing and sending letters telling a fifteen-year-old to kill himself and that he was a burden to everyone. This caused the boy to run away and to this day not many people know of his existence or where he is. The reason she did this was because she thought that this fifteen-year-old boy was in love with her crush. Speaking of this crush, she constantly sent love letters to the male despite him clearly expressing the fact he was uncomfortable and not interested.

As time passed Ji-yoo started getting involved with drugs and alcohol. She went to clubs almost every single night getting drunk and high. Due to peer pressure caused by Ji-yoo, a twenty-one-year-old male consumed an unsafe amount of substances which eventually led to an overdose.

Some could argue that the reason she acted like this was because she didn't receive enough attention at home but this is not the case. She got lots of attention from both of her parents. She was never neglected and was showered with so much love. Others may try and say it's due to bad parenting which could be true. Maybe if her parents didn't enable her and spoil her rotten she would have faced the consequences of her actions and learned from her mistakes. She was perfectly healthy, had no brain injuries that caused her to act like this, and no mental illnesses."

The article continued listing off even more stuff she had done making sure to provide videos and photos. It also mentioned some of the stuff her parents did. Everything was a mess. Within 36 hours so much had been revealed. Once this article was published some of the dead student's parents came forward explaining their sides of the story. Some of the students she bullied that thankfully survived even came forward to explain what she had put them through. There had been no news from the Shin family but they hadn't once left their house, presumably due to the press that swarmed their estate.

Not only was this a shock to the public but it was also a shock to the five males that continuously searched for Wooyoung. He had included information and evidence that they didn't have on the family. It was safe to assume that the Shin family's reputation was completely ruined.

"Is it possible for you to try to track down the source or device that posted the article?" San leaned over to ask Yeosang. Yeosang hummed in response and tried to pinpoint the location of the device this was posted from. It took a few attempts but eventually, Yeosang managed to get a location. "Got it! It says that it was posted from a laptop located in France," Yeosang said as he continued to search.

"France? Wooyoung left for France? But why France?" Seonghwa questioned. "It's unlikely that he plans to stay there. If anything it would be the safer option to get on a flight to a random location and board another flight to reach his final destination." Hongjoong spoke.

"Besides we confirmed what company Wooyoung works at but it's obvious he isn't currently working at the one located in Japan. So he is probably planning to head to one of their other locations," Jongho chipped in.

"Can you get into their systems a make copies of all the passengers and flights that leave France?" San questioned the older. Yeosang gave him a slight smirk before immediately getting to work. After around 50 minutes Yeosang sent all the copies of the flights to the others and they began searching the list of customers. It took hours to search through every single passenger but eventually, they found a familiar name.

"Jeong Yunho. Isn't that one of the people Wooyoung works with?" Seonghwa asked. "He is, which flight are you looking at?" Hongjoong asked Seonghwa softly. "Flight number AA744. It's leaving for California," Seonghwa said. Everyone looked up as they had just uncovered a fresh lead.

After finding that they managed to find Wooyoung's ticket in the system. "Do we have any connections that could stop this flight from leaving?" Yeosang asked. San thought for a moment before smiling. "My father does," He said as she stood up taking his phone with him. "I'll be back. I have a few calls to make." San spoke as he quickly rushed out of the room.