Chapter 12

The remainder of the evening transpired without any hiccups as San's mother refrained from pressuring him to spend time with Ji-yoo. San opted to spend the rest of the night socializing with his friends, and they had a great time together. Before long, the festivities drew to a close, and the guests exchanged pleasantries and good wishes. Following the conclusion of the event, San found himself in the garden, the same one where Wooyoung would often retreat. The sky had already darkened, and the stars sparkled like diamonds. San felt his eyes well up with tears as he recollected something that the younger man had said to him. Wooyoung had told him that should they ever be separated, San should remember him by admiring the beautiful night sky. 

San expressed his concern towards the younger one as the winter season was approaching and the air was getting colder. He asked, "Are you cold?" The younger one let out a small laugh in response and reassured San, "I'm not cold, Sannie. You don't have to worry about me." Wooyoung then turned his attention towards San and pointed out, "Instead, you should be more concerned about yourself, given that you're shivering slightly."

San's cheeks turned a soft shade of pink, betraying his embarrassment as he averted his gaze from Wooyoung and instead looked up at the breathtaking night sky. Wooyoung, amused by San's reaction, let out a small chuckle, finding it endearing. As he looked up at the stars above, a gentle smile spread across his face. Astronomy was one of Wooyoung's passions, and he loved nothing more than learning about the mysteries of the universe. San, on the other hand, was not particularly interested in the subject, but he didn't mind listening to Wooyoung as he passionately rambled on about the stars and different solar systems. And he certainly didn't mind lying down in the grass with the soothing sound of water flowing in the background and his beloved Wooyoung right by his side. 

Despite the celestial beauty of the night sky above him, San's focus remained solely on Wooyoung. The way the starlight reflected in Wooyoung's eyes, and the gentle, dark blue hue that enveloped his skin in the glow of the sky, captivated San's attention. He couldn't help but admire every detail of Wooyoung's features, lost in the moment of their shared awe of the stunning universe above.

Wooyoung turned his head to the left and was now facing San. Their eyes locked together creating a warm fuzzy tension between the two but neither of them looked away. As the two continued to stare into each other eyes Wooyoung could feel his face heating up. The tension between the two increased but it wasn't lustful or strange... it felt normal to the two males, it was a tension that both of them didn't seem to mind. 

"Sannie" the younger spoke in a soft voice still looking into the older eyes. The older just hummed in response. "If one day we aren't together and you're missing me... look up at the night sky." the younger said with a hint of sadness in his tone.

"There won't be a day where we aren't together Wooyoung," San said in a serious tone. Wooyoung just looked at him with a sad smile on his face. There was a pause between the two males. "But if... just if one day that happens then. Why do you want me to look up at the night sky?" San said, the seriousness in his tone fading away.

"That's because it will remind you of all the nights I dragged you away to look at the stars. Plus, with how much I love the stars I would probably still be looking at them. And just the thought of both of us watching the sky at the same time would make me feel happy." Wooyoung spoke, his tone of voice was soft yet filled with happiness. 

The tears fell from San's eyes as he remembered Wooyoung's words. The thought of Wooyoung watching the night sky right now made San feel comfort and happiness. A soft smile formed on San's face, just the thought of Wooyoung being safe made him happy but soon his thoughts shifted. He started to think about the what ifs? What if Wooyoung wasn't safe? What if Wooyoung wasn't watching the stars right now? This caused San to feel pure rage, just the thought of Wooyoung being mistreated made his blood boil. 

San clenched his fist as he tried to push away all the doubts and awful thoughts. San wasn't going to let anyone stand in his way. He was going to do everything to get Wooyoung back. San looked back up at the starry sky, he knew that finding Wooyoung wasn't going to be easy after all the search team hasn't found a single trace yet. San looked down at his watch, the time read 12:09 a.m this meant that San was officially the head of the mafia. 

Once more San found himself looking up at the sky, a small smile appeared. His face was filled with a mix of different emotions. Longing, desperation, determination, sadness, hope. "I promise. Wherever you may be Wooyoung I will find you and make sure you're safe... no matter what I have to do to find you..." San said as he turned around and started to walk towards the house. San had made a promise and he was determined to fulfill it.