Chapter 18

The three males soon arrived at a tall building that looked like a normal office building. They entered the establishment and walked over to the left side of the building where they swiped their keycards in order to gain access. They entered the elevator and pressed the button which would take them to the top floor where the boss resided. The boys chatted about what the boss could possibly want from them especially since he usually never calls them this early unless it was important.

Soon the elevator stopped making a small ding noise before opening the doors. Stepping out of the elevator they were greeted with a woman standing at a desk. "Hyun-Ae, it's been a while hasn't it?" Yunho said in a cheerful voice. Hyun-Ae smiled at the boys before speaking in a soft and professional tone, "The boss has been waiting for you. Feel free to head on in."

They thanked her before heading towards the big doors that were behind her. They pushed opened the doors which revealed a modern decorated office. The boss was a male in his late forties, he was very well respected due to his position and his personality. The older male looked up from the paperwork he was working on and turned his attention to the boys who had just walked in. A small smile appeared on his face as he sat up in his chair.

The door closed behind them as they walked in, and soon they stood a few feet away from the boss. "I'm sorry I called you boys in so early. I would have waited but things are a little... complicated right now." The older male spoke, his voice was deep and his tone was filled with concern. The three males all exchanged a glance at each other before returning their attention to the older male in front of them.

"You say things are complicated if you don't mind us asking. What exactly happened?" Mingi asked cautiously. The boss looked down at his desk before responding, "Unfortunately we failed to get rid every lead that ties back to Wooyoung. We recently found a video of Wooyoung back when you three were in high school. We are not sure if the Korean mafia found it yet but now our team is going through everything since we aren't sure if missed anything else..."

Wooyoung felt his heart beat faster, he knew there was a chance that they could find him and as much as he missed the five males he was scared. He didn't want them to become a burden to them again and he certainly didn't want them to find out about all his mental illnesses, especially since he was already having a hard time hiding them. His mind was racing as he felt a pair of arms wrap around him.

"You know if you go back to them you're just going to make things worse than before? You made them spend five years looking for you, they probably already hate you for that." His mother said before laughing. "What if you end up hurting them just like you did with-"

"Wooyoung!" Yunho yelled slightly which made Wooyoung snap out of his trance. Wooyoung steadied his breathing before looking up. "I'm sorry what were you saying?" Wooyoung said as he looked at his boss. The boss just gave him a soft pitiful smile before he spoke, "I want you three to leave Japan. You are all fluent in English and have started learning a few other languages. You can go to a state with a high population like California or one with a low population like Wyoming."

"You three can still continue work after all we get targets from all over the world plus it's just temporary." he continued on, his tone of voice slightly worried. Wooyoung knew that things wouldn't be just temporary. After all, he knew exactly what the mafia could do. If they even got one lead on Wooyoung they would exploit that lead until they get more. "We'll go," Wooyoung said bluntly.

"Woah there Wooyoung you can't just make big decisions like this on your own," Mingi said slightly shocked. "We don't have much of a choice. If they somehow manage to find out I'm in Japan they will come here and tear this place apart until they find me. You two are the closest people to me and they will find that out sooner or later and you don't want to know the things they are capable of," Wooyoung said while looking at Mingi.

"He's right, the mafia definitely have more access to intel, power, and authority than we do just so staying here is a very big risk," Yunho said as he looked at Mingi. "Well then I guess that settles it, go home and pack your important stuff I will get everything else ready okay boys?" The boss said as he gave the boys a reassuring smile. The boys nodded and said their goodbyes before leaving, running away was going to get a lot harder and they knew that.

The second they arrived at their apartment they went to pack important stuff. Clothing, medication, personal items, and the equipment they used for their jobs. After around two hours they were almost done packing their important stuff when they got a notification from the boss. 'You're flights to California are ready and are set to take off tomorrow morning. At 6:30 there will be a black car near the east side of your apartment complex, this car will escort you to where your plane will be. It's just going to be the three of you so there will be plenty of room to relax. Look for a nice apartment for the three of you and I will pay for it.'

"California? Out of all places he chose California?" Mingi said slightly confused as he folded a shirt and placed it in his suitcase. "I can understand why. California's crime rate is ranked number 16 or 17 in states with the highest crime rate not to mention there are a lot of people who live there which would make it easy to blend in with large crowds," Yunho said as he continued packing his suitcase. Wooyoung had a bad feeling about this whole situation. The Korean mafia didn't have as much authority in places outside of Asia yet he still couldn't help but feel panic. Nonetheless, he looked for a nice two-bedroom two-bathroom apartment for the three of them.

Morning came quickly for the males, Mingi, and Yunho managed to sleep for eight hours while Wooyoung got maybe around thirty minutes before waking up from a nightmare. Wooyoung just did stuff around the house in order to make the morning easier for the two giants who were probably fast asleep cuddling in each other arms. He made a breakfast that was fast to eat and then cleaned up the kitchen before cleaning the living room. It was now 6:23 and the other two males were up and ready to go. They grabbed their luggage and left their apartment making sure to close and lock the door behind them.

They made their way to the east side of the building making sure to avoid as many security cameras as possible. They saw the car waiting for them along with the driver who was someone they worked with before. They loaded their luggage into the trunk of the car before getting in. The drive was silent as Mingi and Yunho did their own thing in the back and Wooyoung just looked out the window with his headphones on. He didn't want to leave their apartment where they made good memories but he had to. If he wanted to protect his two friends that sat in the backseat he knew that he would have to keep running even if he didn't want to.