Chapter 16

Numbness. That's all San felt as he listened to the words that came out of Kyung-soo's mouth. All San wanted to do was jump across the table and strangle the blond-haired male. San knew something was wrong within the first week of looking for Wooyoung even if Wooyoung was smart it would have been hard to hide his tracks, especially being by himself.

"So you just decided to stay silent. You could have come to me or my father yet for some reason you didn't?" San said in a harsh tone. He was clearly losing his patience and you could see the hostility in his eyes. 

Before San could do anything his office door opened and Hongjoong, Seonghwa, and Jongho arrived. Yeosang and Kyung-soo turned their attention towards the three males while San kept his gaze on Kyung-soo. "We got your text what on earth is going on?" Seonghwa said slightly panicked. 

"I never thought I would meet people so stupid," San said in disbelief which caused everyone to turn their attention to the male.  "You defied our orders to find Wooyoung because you were scared. When you join the mafia you are aware of the fact that if you were to ever betray us you could be punished with death. Knowing this you still followed someone else's order because you were scared. This, this really is the worst thing you could have done." San spoke, tears falling from his eyes. 

"San what are you talking about?" Hongjoong said confused yet concerned. "We'll explain later all we need is for you three to help us escort the rest of the search team," Yeosang said sternly. Kyung-soo panicked as he felt dread spread through his body. "W-What do you mean?" he shuddered as he spoke. "What did you think would happen? Everyone on the search team defied orders, you didn't think that you would get off the hook just because you told us this information did you?" Kyung-soo knew that Yeosang was right, he knew what he did was wrong so he didn't try and fight back. 

As the males walked towards the search room San and Yeosang explained to situation to them. "Yeosang, Seonghwa if you don't mind can you guys get started in trying to find Wooyoung? We'll take care of the search team and try getting information out of them." San asked. They were finally going to do things properly, they weren't going to let others do the job that they should have been doing from the start. 

Yeosang and Seonghwa spent around four hours looking for any leads as to where Wooyoung might have gone. Seonghwa searched Wooyoung's room in hope of finding something that could help them such as a diary that may have explained why he left in the first place or where he might have left too. Yeosang on the other hand focused more on getting out of the country information. With whatever Yeosang had access to he was checking. He looked for everything possible driver's licences, state records, IDs. 

Seonghwa was almost done searching Wooyoung's closet and was about to give up when he accidentally knocked over a shoe box. The box fell to the ground and a bunch of letters spilled across the floor. Seonghwa bent down to pick up the letters when he noticed a small book in the box. He picked the book up when he realized that it wasn't a book but in fact a diary with a small little lock keeping it shut. Seonghwa felt a sense of hope as he smiled and set the diary aside in order to clean up all the paper off the floor. 

As Seonghwa picked up the papers he couldn't help but read one of them. As he read the paper he felt all the hope being drained and replaced with dread. He picked up another note and then another and he felt like crying. The notes constantly said that Wooyoung would 'never be good enough' or that he was 'just a burden'. There were over 50 notes and they just got progressively worse as some even told Wooyoung to end himself. Seonghwa couldn't read anymore and quickly shoved the notes into the shoe box, closing it and putting it back where he found it. 

With the diary in hand, he exited the closet closing the door behind him. His cheeks were stained with tears as he wondered about what Wooyoung might have been going through. Seonghwa laid the diary on Wooyoung's bed and began searching for the key to it. As he was looking for the key he heard Yeosang call him over, "Hyung, I think I found something..." Yeosang said slightly concerned. 

Seonghwa stopped what he was doing and sat down next to Yeosang looking at the laptop screen. On the screen was a video and they could clearly see Wooyoung. Wooyoung looked to be around seventeen in the video as he wore a high school uniform. His once lilac hair was now dyed brown with highlights and he looked thinner than before. 

In the video, it showed a school hallway full of people watching a poor boy get beat up. Some were recording others turned their head's away as they couldn't watch this poor boy get beat up yet no one did anything. Except for Wooyoung, Wooyoung looked pissed off as he clenched his fist tight. He looked around and saw that no one was doing anything so he decided to step in. It was almost as if the roles got reversed as Wooyoung grabbed the male by his hair before slamming his head into a locker. 

This came as a shock to Seonghwa and Yeosang as Wooyoung never acted like this before. They watched as Wooyoung told the boy to leave and to treat his wounds before returning to the male who was clearly taller and bigger than Wooyoung. They watched in shock as Wooyoung repeatedly slammed his head into the locker until both the locker and the male's face were covered in blood. They watched as a taller black-haired male put his hand on Wooyoung's shoulder signaling that it was enough which caused Wooyoung to let the boy's hair go. 

Another tall male joined them and the three boys walked away passing the camera. While Wooyoung just kept walking the two tall males turned to the camera, the black-haired one smiled and winked while the silver-haired one just smirked. 

Seonghwa snapped out of shock as he noticed something on their uniforms. He quickly grabbed a paper and pencil and drew down the logo of the school that was on their uniforms. Yeosang who was in shock looked at the screen confused as the video went grey. "Shit shit shit!" Yeosang panicked as he refreshed the screen to see the video was deleted. "I lost the video... that was the only lead I was able to find so far," Yeosang said defeated. 

"Don't worry I was able to draw the school logo. We still have a lead." Seonghwa said happily. Finally, after five whole years, they were making actual progress. Yeosang smiled happily before looking at the drawing. The door to Wooyoung's room opened and Hongjoong, San, and Jongho walked in. "How is everything going in here?" Hongjoong asked while wiping blood off his face. "We found a lead," Yeosang said happily.