Chapter 3

The bathroom is filled with the soothing scent of Lavender as Wooyoung takes a warm shower. He runs his fingers through his short, damp, purple hair as the water cascades down his face. After turning off the water, he steps out of the shower and dries himself off. He shuts off the bathroom lights and closes the door before entering his room.

Wooyoung admires the outfit San gave him, which is neatly laid out on his bed. He changes into it, struggling a bit with the tie at first, but eventually manages to get it just right. Stepping in front of the mirror, he takes a moment to appreciate the way the outfit looks on him. However, he can't help but feel like something is missing.

Wooyoung sits down at his desk and begins rummaging through his drawers. He pulls out some makeup products like foundation, concealer, eyeliner, and eyeshadow. He applies the foundation and concealer, blending them out carefully. Next, he picks up the eyeshadow palette and selects the black shade, gently tapping it around his eyes with a makeup brush. Finally, he finishes off the look by applying eyeliner.

Wooyoung quickly puts away his makeup products and reaches for some dangling earrings to complete his look. As he's putting them on, he hears a knock on his door. Curious, he walks up to investigate the sound and unlocks his door. To his surprise, Seonghwa is standing there.

"Hwa! What are you doing here?"
Wooyoung questions

Seonghwa smiles at the boy.
"Well, San asked me to help escort you to the dining hall."

It's clear that San places a great deal of trust in Seonghwa, more so than in his other close friends Hongjoong, Yeosang, and Jongho. This may be because Seonghwa has been a constant presence in San's life for as long as he can remember. Additionally, Seonghwa was the first person Wooyoung met when he came to live with San's family, which has likely strengthened the bond between the two. All in all, it's clear that Seonghwa is a well-respected and trusted figure in San's life.

As Seonghwa playfully extends his arm out, Wooyoung clings to it, the two of them sharing a running joke. They enter a beautifully decorated dining hall, adorned with dark purple decorations, San's favorite color. The hall is filled with people, including some business partners, family members, and members of the organization. As they make their way to their usual spot, they spot three familiar people with strikingly unusual hair colors. As they get closer, they notice that it's Hongjoong, Yeosang, and Jongho.

As they walk toward Hongjoong, Yeosang, and Jongho, Wooyoung's face brightens with a smile. After a while of hanging out, San joins them, looking a bit tired. Everyone notices it, and it's clear that he had gone through something. San's mother had been pressuring him to find a girl to marry ever since he turned 14. However, his father was against the idea, knowing firsthand the pain of marrying someone he didn't love. San's parents had an arranged marriage, and San's father did not want that kind of fate for his son.

San's mother had her sights set on Ji-yoo as a potential wife for her son. Ji-yoo had a lot going for her - she came from a powerful family and had a bubbly, kind personality. However, it was clear that there was some tension between Ji-yoo and Wooyoung. Despite this, a marriage between Ji-yoo and San would be mutually beneficial for both families, as it would provide protection for Ji-yoo's family and a valuable business deal for the mafia. It was a rare opportunity for the mafia to establish a business connection that wasn't based on fear or intimidation.

It was obvious that Ji-yoo had a thing for San. I mean, who wouldn't? He's just so good-looking. However, there was this one tiny issue with Ji-yoo - she was extremely jealous of Wooyoung. Not many people knew about this, but Ji-yoo had some sort of resentment towards Wooyoung for being so close to San. Even though she never showed it in public, she would often make fun of Wooyoung behind his back. It was sad because Wooyoung heard everything, but he couldn't say anything to anyone about it.

Wooyoung found himself in a difficult predicament. If he were to confide in anyone about the issue, it would likely get back to San's parents, especially since San's mother seemed to have a particular dislike for him. Wooyoung didn't want to make the situation worse, so he decided to keep it to himself. However, he couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness knowing that San's mother didn't approve of him, especially since he was in love with San and wanted to be accepted by his family.