Chapter 21

"Seonghwa."

"Seonghwa"

"Seonghwa!"

With a gentle shake of Seonghwa's arms, Hongjoong managed to bring him back to reality. Seonghwa's eyes were filled with tears as he glanced around the room, only to find the other's expressions filled with deep concern. "You alright Hwa?" Hongjoong asked as he gently wiped the tears that fell from Seonghwa's eyes. Seonghwa was strong and only really cried about the people he loved, so just thinking about what might be written in that diary made San feel nervous.

Seonghwa looked at San and he couldn't help but feel a mixture of emotions. Seonghwa now knew the truth about why Wooyoung left, not only was he dealing with a lot of hidden feelings he was also dealing with constant letters that always belitled him. On top of that, he had to see the person who wrote and sent these notes a lot.

Things started to add up, Seonghwa wasn't 100 percent positive but had a small answer as to why Wooyoung may have left. He put the diary on the desk behind him before speaking, "Did Wooyoung ever talk to any of you about any mental problems he might have been having?" Seonghwa hesitated when he spoke, it felt strange to reveal this to the other knowing that Wooyoung hid it for a reason. This question shook everyone, especially San and Yeosang. Those two were his comfort people and they both thought Wooyoung told them everything but now they weren't so sure.

They all exchanged looks at each other yet no one spoke up. One of Seonghwa's suspicions was confirmed, Wooyoung didn't tell anyone about his mental issues. What else did Wooyoung hide from them? "This may be a shock but I feel like Wooyoung might have been planning to leave for a while..." Seonghwa spoke softly while looking at the floor.

"W-What? Seonghwa are you sure I mean... Why would he do that?" San spoke in a slightly panicked voice. Wooyoung wouldn't hide something so serious from them, right? Wooyoung always told him what he was feeling... he wouldn't hide something so serious. Right? San didn't want to believe it but the more he thought back to all the times he spent with Wooyoung he started to believe it more and more.

"In the diary on one of the very first pages, Wooyoung mentioned something about constant nightmares. A few more pages after he mentioned not being able to sleep and the fact that he started to see or hallucinate certain people which, I'm pretty sure were his parents. He also mentioned putting on a facade so that they wouldn't get concerned and by they, I believed he meant us." Seonghwa's voice was filled with sadness as he spoke.

This was shocking for everyone, they all knew that some days Wooyoung seemed extra tired or out of it but they didn't expect this. Everyone had different opinions on this situation. Seonghwa, Yeosang, and San all felt sad while Hongjoong felt hurt. Jongho on the other hand was still trying to make sense of everything they were just told.

"So what you're telling us is that he just didn't trust us enough to tell us about his problems so instead he just ran away from them?" Hongjoong spoke, his voice was laced with irritation and hurt.

San turned to Hongjoong slightly pissed off. "Don't you ever speak like that about him again. We still don't have the full story so until we do keep your mouth shut," San slightly raised his tone as he spoke.

"San... Listen I adore Wooyoung with all my heart after all he was one of my closest friends but don't you feel hurt? I mean I understand he was going through some stuff but he could have come to any one of us..." Hongjoong said with a softer tone.

"You're right," Jongho spoke up which caused everyone to turn their attention to him. "Wooyoung could have come to any of us and we would have been there to help him but think about just what Wooyoung was feeling through all this. Like San said we don't know the full story, we don't know what caused him to have mental problems and we don't know just how bad Wooyoung's mental state was. He was most likely scared, even though he knows we all cherish him there were probably thoughts that lingered in the back of his mind that we might not understand," Jongho spoke as he stood up from his seat.

"That's almost exactly what the Diary said..." Seonghwa softly added. "And it makes sense, every time I would talk to Wooyoung about any troubles I was having he would sometimes mutter something along the lines of 'how can you just talk about your emotions so... freely?'. I always used to brush it off not thinking much about it but, it makes sense." Yeosang added.

"Not to mention Wooyoung's confidence was basically nonexistent ..." Seonghwa spoke causing Yeosang to turn his head. "What do you mean by that Hwa?" Yeosang said confused. Seonghwa bit his lower lip before walking over to Wooyoung's closet. He opened the door and entered the closest, after a few seconds he came out with a box in his arms before setting it on Wooyoung's bed. "His feelings weren't the only thing he was hiding from us..." Seonghwa spoke before opening the lid of the box and taking out four random pieces of paper.

He handed everyone a paper as he spoke, "Wooyoung was receiving these, I'm not sure when they first started but I assume maybe three to four months before San's 16th birthday. He wrote a diary entry on the day he left... It said that he was going to finally tell Sannie about these letters but I'm guessing he never went through with it as San would have probably said something about these letters..." Seonghwa spoke as the others read the letters.

Yeosang felt disgust as he read the paper Seonghwa gave him, why would anyone write such awful things to him? Jongho bit his bottom lip in frustration as he read the letter, he was going to kill whoever wrote it. Hongjoong felt bad as he read the letter, he should have thought about Wooyoung's feelings before he talked. At the same time, he felt so irritated, Wooyoung was one of the kindest people he had ever met so why would someone send him this? San felt pure anger as he read the letter, he recognized this handwriting and knew exactly who wrote the letter.

"Fucking bitch," San mumbled as he crumbled the paper. He always knew that Ji-yoo had a strange crush on him yet he never expected her to write such awful things to Wooyoung. Yet he couldn't figure out how she managed to send him these letters.

San's father was always cautious when it came to letters and packages because when he first took over lots of gangs sent death threats to him and some even went as far as lacing the letters with certain drugs and chemicals that could cause severe damage. So how did these letters manage to get past the security team who always made sure those types of letters never got in?

Did Ji-yoo deliver them personally so that the guards wouldn't be on high alert? No that didn't make sense because then the guards would find it weird that she was sending letters to Wooyoung and not San... So just how did these letters get through?

San continued to think before he remembered something, the day of San's 16th birthday someone wearing all black gave Wooyoung a letter in the middle of the party. That same person must have been delivering all the letters, so who was it? "Yeosang can you check all the security footage of the estate on my 16th birthday?" San asked as he looked at the male.

"All of a sudden? I mean yeah I can but what should I be looking for?" Yeosang said confused as he started looking for the old footage. "Someone wearing all black. I remember seeing someone wearing all black hand Wooyoung a letter and after when I went to see what was going on Wooyoung looked... nervous. Then he rushed to his room..." San spoke as he continued to recall the day Wooyoung left.

"So you think this person was the one writing all these notes?" Jongho asked. "No it couldn't have been, the person who wrote the notes was Ji-yoo. I'm pretty sure she just hired someone else to deliver them..." Seonghwa spoke which caused Yeosang to pause.

"Ji-yoo was the one writing the letters...?" Yeosang said, his voice was filled with anger. "Mhm... when I read the letter I recognized that handwriting. It was most definitely her that wrote it." San spoke in an irritated tone.

"Are you kidding? God, I knew she was desperate but I didn't think she would stoop that low..." Hongjoong scoffed. This just made Yeosang's hatred for her increase, but he bit his tongue and just continued to work on finding the person wearing all black. After searching the different cameras, Yeosang finally found someone wearing all black. "This them?" Yeosang said as he turned to San. San immediately recognized the clothing. "Yep, that's them."