57: The Troubled King

(SORRY FOR TAKING LONG TO PUBLISH)

Claude, adjusting his blazer, inquired, "How did you discover our whereabouts?" Meanwhile, the knights diligently stood guard outside the cave.

Felix hesitated momentarily before responding cautiously, "During our search, we encountered two individuals, a lady with blonde hair and a man with black hair, both cloaked."

Navier's interest was piqued by the knight's answer, prompting her to glance at the pair from a distance.

"Do you recognize them?" she inquired, to which Felix shook his head in disappointment. "I'm afraid not."

Gesturing upwards, Felix continued, "They appeared to be of noble standing. You might have been expecting their arrival, Lady Navier."

"I was not aware either," Navier murmured with a furrowed brow, the confusion evident in her voice.

Claude's expression hardened, and he interjected, "If they observed us, why did they not offer aid?"

The room fell silent, Navier's concern deepening while Felix's demeanor grew somber.

"Indeed, that casts doubt on their intentions," he replied.

Claude briefly stole a glance at Navier, the slight tinge of red on his cheeks betraying his embarrassment. Navier caught his gaze but looked away as he did.

Felix averted his eyes, his face flushing slightly at the scene he had inadvertently walked into.

"Moreover, this cave hardly seems like an appropriate setting for such actions..."

The room was charged as the woman's striking crimson eyes locked with the emperor's dark gaze

"What I came here for?" Roxana repeated, arching a brow before reclining gracefully on the plush couch, crossing her long, slender legs.

"I'm on a quest to uncover the culprit behind my lover's death," she declared with a touch of steel, her lips curling into a chilling smile.

Sovieshu furrowed his brow, perplexed yet intrigued. "Your lover? I doubt you'll find any leads here."