15: For The Mysterious Sender

Navier's brows raised in astonishment, her eyes widening as the weight of curiosity and surprise settled upon her as she pondered the source of this mysterious letter

"Whose letter is this from?" Navier mused softly to herself, her voice filled with a mixture of wonder and bewilder.

The empress's countenance shifted to a focused resolve, her brows furrowing with a touch of seriousness.

She held the paper before her, her gaze fixed upon its contents, her mind racing with questions and a growing desire to uncover the sender's intentions.

Her gaze shifted to the emerald-eyed eagle, its feathers gleaming under the soft light.

Intrigued by the bird's presence, Navier extended her hand and caressed its head with a delicate touch.

The bird responded with a contented growl, akin to a bird's purr with its eyes reflecting a flattered and joyful response.

A chuckle escaped Navier's lips as she witnessed the bird's friendly reaction, a warm blush of appreciation appearing on its own cheeks.

Reluctantly, she retracted her hand and turned towards her desk, her mind set on crafting a response.

With a small calm smile adorning her lips, Navier reached for a quill, its feathered end dipped in ink.

She delicately began to pen her reply, her hand gliding across the parchment.

[Your well wishes are appreciated. I hope this message finds you in good health and spirits as well.]

With gentle care, Navier secured the parchment to the eagle's foot, tying it with a delicate knot.

The emerald-eyed bird seemed to understand its purpose, its gaze meeting hers.

With a final stroke of its feathers, Navier released the bird, allowing it to take flight once more.

The majestic creature spread its wings and soared into the open sky, its elegant form gracefully navigating the currents of the air.

♕