29: The Mysterious Man

"Move!" he exclaimed in a tone of irritation, finding himself the object of the young princess's adoration

'He's so handsome and pretty!' she thought to herself, momentarily captivated by his presence with her cheeks tinted with a subtle blush.

However, a sense of caution washed over her, causing her to quickly retreat.

"W-who are you, mister?" she stammered, taken aback by his sudden appearance.

"Not many people are allowed in this area... What were you doing here?" she asked, her confusion evident as she observed the man seated on the verdant grass.

"I caught this," he replied, lifting the sobbing divine beast by the back of its dark fur, displaying his unexpected prowess.

"Raven! Oh, is he your pet?" Athanasia inquired, her curiosity piqued.

"Hmm? You've never seen one of these before?" he questioned, raising a quizzical eyebrow.

'What the...? I thought he's looking for his pet. Also, why the non sequitur?' she wondered, her mind filled with bewilderment.

"Athanasia."

The sound of her father's voice approaching from behind caused her to pause.

"D-daddy!" she exclaimed, surprise evident in her voice.

She quickly glanced back at the spot where the mysterious man had been, only to find that he had vanished without a trace.

'Strange... I forgot to ask his name as well...'

"Why did you suddenly run away from Felix? He was already searching for you," her father inquired, his brow furrowing slightly in confusion.

"Ah... I heard something and wanted to investigate! Though it turned out to be nothing, hehe..."

She reasoned that it would be best to keep her encounter a secret, as her father might not understand.

However, her mind couldn't help but wonder where the creature had disappeared to. Had it gone with the enigmatic magician?

The thought saddened her, as she had grown attached to the adorable being and longed to keep it as her own.

"I see," her father responded, his voice trailing off as they began walking away together.

"I wanted to ask you what you would like for your upcoming birthday celebration. It's only two weeks away."

'Oh right, my birthday is drawing near,' Athanasia reflected silently.

"But isn't it usually just a banquet or a grand celebration, Daddy?" she asked, her eyes sparkling with wonder.

Her father's gaze narrowed slightly at her words before he replied, his voice tinged with a hint of mystery.