6: Grand Banquet

On the culminating day of the illustrious New Year's ceremony, the opulent Red Rose room played host to a gathering of distinguished guests

Among the notable attendees were the esteemed Grand Duke of Luipt, the Grand Duchess of the Eastern Empire, and, of course, the Crown Prince of the Western Kingdom, alongside the Emperor and Princess of the renowned Obelian Empire, among many others.

As Navier's discerning eyes gracefully surveyed the grand hall, her gaze settled upon the blonde emperor.

Recognizing the importance of cultivating a favorable relationship with this influential man, she decided to approach him with a graceful poise.

"Your Majesty," she greeted respectfully, her voice carrying a touch of warmth, her gaze then shifting to the Emperor's daughter. "And Your Highness."

The attention of both individuals was captured, Athanasia responding with an endearing, innocent smile, while Claude met Navier's gaze with an air of calm composure.

"Is the food to your liking?" she inquired, her voice laced with genuine curiosity.

With a simplicity befitting his regal bearing, Claude offered a concise response, "Yes." Meanwhile, Athanasia's nod of enthusiasm echoed her approval.

"I love the cheesecake, Miss Navier!" the young princess exclaimed with unbridled joy, her eyes shimmering with delight.

Navier's laughter, melodic and gentle, filled the air, her attention shifting to the small plate held by the princess.

"I can see that," she responded, a hint of amusement coloring her words.

Her gaze gracefully shifted to the Emperor, who maintained his characteristic deadpan expression even as he delicately lifted a forkful of cheesecake to his lips.

Observing his seemingly indifferent response, Navier's smile widened.

"It appears that the dessert has caught his Majesty's attention too," she remarked, her voice carrying a tiny playful undertone.

Dismissing any hint of approval, Claude responded in his customary nonchalant manner, his words interspersed between measured chews. "No, I don't."

A subtle raise of Navier's perfectly arched eyebrow accompanied her quick-witted retort. "Actions often speak louder than words, your Majesty," she quipped, her hand gracefully resting beneath her chin.

A familiar voice resonated softly behind Navier, drawing her attention away from the presence of the emperor.

Prince Heinrey, his countenance displaying a mixture of unease and respect, leaned in graciously, seeking a moment of private conversation.

"My Queen," he addressed her with utmost reverence, causing her to arch a delicately sculpted eyebrow in polite inquiry.

With a serene smile gracing her lips, she acknowledged him, ready to engage in a discourse befitting their noble standing.