17: Kosair Trovi

"Oh, your majesty," Eliza began, her voice filled with a hint of intrigue as she gently wrung out a damp towel in her hands

"Oh, your majesty," Eliza began, her voice filled with a hint of intrigue as she gently wrung out a damp towel in her hands. "I heard that Lord Kosair will be coming to the capital soon."

Navier, who had been nursing a cold in recent days, raised her eyebrows in surprise at the mention of Lord Kosair's impending arrival.

"He will?"

The news piqued her curiosity, and she regarded Eliza with a thoughtful expression.

'Kosair Lilder Trovi. He is a good brother to me but...'

Navier's countenance reflected a mix of conflicting emotions as she pondered her brother's imminent return.

Her brows furrowed with a hint of concern, and a bead of perspiration formed on her forehead, evidence of the weighty thoughts burdening her mind.

'...father sent him to the border since he was worried Kosair would get into trouble if he stayed in the capital. But now, it seems the time has come for him to return.'

A hint of unease flickered across her features. The delicate furrow between her brows deepened slightly.

'If my brother comes back and he sees Rashta...and if he sees she's pregnant with the emperor's child, I don't know what he might do.'

Seated gracefully upon the plush couch adorning her chambers, the empress wore an expression that bore the weight of weariness and sorrow as a gentle sigh escaped her lips

In the midst of her solitude, a familiar voice resonated through the air, causing Navier to shift her gaze towards the entrance of her chambers.

Her eyes alighted upon Kosair, her beloved brother, adorned with a radiant smile that stretched from ear to ear.

Behind him stood the palace's diligent female servants, dutifully holding beautifully adorned gift boxes, brimming with the gifts her brother had carefully selected for her.