BC86: Consumed (Menagerie)-5

Pyrrha and Mercury had had their hands full trying to kill the Grimm invading the ship.

Hypnosia, surprisingly, actually helped. Her Semblance worked on the Grimm...sort of. Grimm didn't really sleep, but they did slow down and appear to rest, and that was good enough.

Finally, some of the huntsmen passengers came out of hiding to help them also, though they were still worried about the Deimos.

But the Deimos didn't come to the ship. Perhaps they were avoiding Mercury.

Still, it was a lot of Grimm.

And they were running down the hallways, clawing at doors, while the fighters tried to get them to go back out.

A very large one made a huge hole in the stairwell that let bigger Grimm down it.

Pyrrha speared it, but the damage was done already.

The Grimm scrambled down that hole in bigger sizes now, and the smaller ones that were already in there--which looked like flying rats--got out of their way so they could try to break down the doors.

"Hey, get away from them!" Pyrrha yelled.

One broke the door to the room she knew her kids were in.

She heard Polly shriek.

The large Grimm leapt forward to get in the room.

Pyrrha used her Semblance to vault herself down the hall much faster than the small Grimm could follow its fellow, and she slammed into it with her shield, sending the little one down the hall.

She turned to the large one just in time to see Ben jab a sword into its side from where he'd been hiding around the door frame.

Polly had Davi and Franz on the bed, with a table pulled in front of them, and Jodie was holding Lux as far back from the door as possible.

The Grimm hissed and turned to smoke, thankfully leaving no trace of it.

The kids all looked at Ben, then at Pyrrha.

"Was that a straight thrust?" Ben asked.

Pyrrha laughed almost hysterically but then got a grip.

"Well, your balance needs work, but I think that will do very well for a first Grimm," she said.

"Mama," Davi squealed, "there's more of them, aren't there?"

"There's more behind you!" Polly said.

Pyrrha had already heard it coming. She turned in time to see another huge Grimm that looked like a panther, but with white horns and fangs and wings, running up the hall at her.

Pyrrha ducked as it sprung at her, using her shield to throw it over her head, and then she flipped over and jammed her javelin into its chest before it could get up.

It turned to smoke also.

The kids all gaped at her.

"This ship isn't going to be safe anymore," Pyrrha told them. "Stay close to me. We have to get back to the dock."

She could only hope the safety in numbers with the main team might protect them... It looked like nothing else was going to.

They nodded at her.

"Pyrrha!" Mercury called down the hall. "They're going down to the next level too."

"I know my opinion isn't worth much," Hypnosia spoke, "But that music you had on before seemed to do something. Why not put it back on?"