BC37: Animal Instincts (Black Sun & Co.)-4

When Blake and Weiss came to the hall that was used for events, it was actually pretty empty.

But Sun and Meridian were there, dressed up also.

"What's going on?" Blake asked.

"You've got this." Meridian patted Sun's shoulder.

That seemed to hype him up a little, and, with more confidence than you'd normally expect, he stepped forward and offered Blake his arm.

"I had the best idea," he said. "I was thinking about something fun we could do while we were stuck on this ship, and then it hit me, like lightning. We should just get married."

"What?" Blake sputtered, for good reason.

"You know how ship captains can marry passengers?" Sun explained. "Well, you know that captain? He remembers us. He said he'd be so stoked to do it."

The captain, who Blake hadn't noticed till now, was standing in the background, and he nodded at her cheerfully.

Weiss tilted her head. "Wait, Sun, did you not run this by her before now?"

"Should I have?" Sun said blankly.

Weiss face palmed.

"We're the two witnesses." Meridian saluted to Blake. "He thought it all out.... I was hoping you'd say yes, since I got myself all up like this."

"Don't pressure her," Weiss hissed. "Let her think. Honestly, what is with you guys and just springing this on us?"

"Well, the element of surprise worked in our favor, Snow Tiger," Meridian said, affectionately patting her head.

"Oh, you're so lucky I know you're kidding," Weiss huffed.

Blake swallowed her surprise.

Of course in a way she'd expected this, just not in this way.

"But my parents--" she began.

"Oh, I already got the go ahead from them. Actually they brought it up." Sun straightened his tie. "I think they're expecting it in a way...and I think it has been a long time, and what are we really waiting for?.... Is that okay? I mean, if you don't want to, just say so now."

"I...but..." Blake rubbed her head. "This isn't quite how I pictured this happening. I thought it would be more of a romantic moment."

"Oh...I thought I was being romantic," Sun said. "I mean, I went to all this trouble, got dressed up, got the captain, had Weiss and Meridian help, and I even managed to get this."

He held out a ring.

"I mean, was I supposed to warn you? 'Cause I didn't think that was the protocol," he said.

["Not Fall in Love with You"--Jeff Williams. I don't know if this was a confirmed BlackSun song or not, but it was released while that was still the main ship, so it's a solid guess. A lot of fans don't even know there was more than one for this pairing.]

Blake began to get a hold of herself.

"I guess it's not really," she said. "I mean, this is unconventional...but then so is our entire relationship..."

"True, they got together when she ditched us because we found out she was in the White Fang," Weiss whispered to Meridian.

"I think I heard that before. That's odd," Meridian said. "But no worse than us, I suppose."