BC29: Falling Up (Cinder and Co.)

[Opener is "Falling Up" by Dean Lewis]

Back in Argus, hours had gone by, full of a lot of chaos.

Shine had been unable to follow the kidnapped people (whom they soon realized were kidnapped) for some reason she couldn't explain except that it might mean Grimm.

This did not bode well.

The base tried to track the ship, but it went out of range pretty soon and didn't answer their radio calls, unsurprisingly.

They could track it perhaps using the Amity Arena, but that meant calling to Vacuo, and a lot of calculations had to be done.

It all took a long time, and in that time, Ren had nothing else to contribute, so he went to talk to Nora.

By then, everyone in Argus who was in the group, and most of the people outside of it, knew what had happened. Oscar's disappearance alone would have made them all freak out, but to their credit, some of them were concerned about Cinder also, and Emerald, who was freaking out, was also worried about Royal.

Even Mercury, who was around by now, was worried about him, though he had no intention of showing it.

They were all waiting in the area outside Raven and Winter's office, while Winter tried to get answers from Vacuo, but they still hadn't pin-pointed the plane.

The other pane had been searched by now, and Annie had been arrested before she could escape, though so far they couldn't prove she had done anything. Robyn was visiting Argus at the moment with her Huntresses being so busy there, and had come to help upon request.

She was getting a little pissed off too.

"You know, I like that kid, Oscar," she said to Annie, who was still dodging the questions by giving vague answers (Robyn could not compel people to tell the truth, only prove that they didn't), "and if something happens to him because of those crooks you clearly were working with, even if you won't tell me outright, I'm not going to be pleased."

"What will you do? Rob me?" Annie said nastily.

"Hey, don't you care that an innocent kid could be hurt?" Marrow, who was there to keep Robyn from losing her cool in all likelihood, asked.

"If he couldn't stay out of trouble, it was his own d---, stupid fault," Annie said. "I'm sure no one would set out to kidnap a person who wasn't even supposed to be here, whoever they were."

Robyn slammed the table.

So, while that was going on, the others were waiting.

Nora and Pyrrha were talking to Ren off in one corner.

"What's up with him?" Sun asked Blake. "He looks like he's seen a ghost. Can you hear?"

Blake had a weird look on her face. 

"I shouldn't say," she said.

"I'm worried sick." Weiss was on a scroll call with them right now. "How can you think of gossip at a time like this? Poor Oscar. As if he hasn't been through enough.... How's Ruby taking it?"

"Yang's talking to her right now." Blake looked over.

"I'm sure he's fine." Yang was trying to calm Ruby down. She was freaking out about them not going after them yet.

"What a disaster." Emerald buried her face in her hands. "This is all my fault, too."

"How is it your fault? You didn't know about it." Jaune was sitting with her.

"I should have left Cinder alone," Emerald said. "She was right about this being too dangerous. If I had, this wouldn't have happened. And two other people are involved now. Why can't I just leave people alone?"