BC6: Bandit Diatribe (Raven & Co.)

[Opener: Dear Fellow Traveler--Sea Wolf]

Winter was reviewing the reports from the different squads at the holographic board.

"With that minor delay, we seem to be back on track..." she murmured to herself, moving one mark.

Then she sipped coffee. "Marrow's squad ran into a large nest of Grimm. They'll be delayed also..."

She sighed. "How did the General do this?"

"He had you do it." Qrow was leaning in the doorway--for how long?

Winter spun around. "I thought you were still on a mission."

"We finished early. Grimm ran off once we pulled out the big guns," Qrow replied, shrugging.

"The metaphorical or literal guns?" Winter asked.

"Both. Still getting used to Grimm just running from us." Qrow shrugged. "Though a Silver-Eyed Warrior would have sped it up more."

"I hardly think that area required the biggest hitter," Winter replied. "Did the volunteers behave?"

"Yeah, they were fine." Qrow walked in. "Firecracker's still not back yet?"

"No, but they're fine, just had to deal with a large Grimm." Winter indicated the board. "Raven is also sending us more civilians.... Argus really can't keep taking in so many new people. We'll exhaust our resources."

"Like it or not, outside of Haven, it is the most prosperous city," Qrow said. "It is what it is.... So, everything going fine?"

"As well as can be expected. The Grimm seem to be starting to move out a little. It'll take days to be sure," Winter said.

"So you have time?"

Winter raised en eyebrow. "Time to plan further, yes."

Qrow put a hand on her shoulder. "Planning? That's all you're going to do?"

"Qrow!" Winter hissed, hoping no one was close enough to hear him. "Not on the base! We discussed this before. Strictly professional."

"You know, there's really no fun in working at the base if you're not going to break the rules every now and then," Qrow protested.

"No!" Winter pushed him away. "Can you imagine what would happen if the younger huntsmen found out about it? We can't ask them to act formal on the job if we're not going to."

"But no one is around, and neither of us has anything else to do," Qrow said.

"No!" Winter insisted. "Remember the book?"

"Yeah, but we're already dating," Qrow said.

Winter gave him a look.

"Fine," Qrow pouted. "Take all the fun out of being in charge."

"Honestly, what is with you lately?" Winter said, a bit less miffed. "I swear, the first few months you acted like I was made of glass, and now you're always coming in here and begging. Did I miss something?"

"I really wouldn't put it like that..." Qrow said.

She was 100% right.

"Thank goodness for my impeccable self control," Winter said dryly.

Qrow kissed her on the forehead.

She turned red. "I just said--"

"That was totally innocent, come on. Hey, just once wouldn't be making out. That's just like--I miss you or something," Qrow argued.