S1 E4: Permanent Retirement

(The Rust Bucket has stopped on a desert road, at an ice cream parlor. Ben, Zack and Gwen are getting ice cream, while Max is using the local ATM. A dirty red pickup truck pulls up to the same spot, and a big burly man walks up to Max.)

Burly Man: "Outta the way, "Grandpa". I got a major withdrawal to make!"

(He shoves Max to the ground. Max looks up and sees a buck-toothed man in front of him smiling; who seems to be the other man's associate.)

(In the parlor, the kids are choosing their ice cream. A frowning old man is serving them.)

Gwen: "What do you have that's non-fat with less than 3% sugar?"

Parlor Worker: "Napkins! What about you, boys?"

Zack: "Hmm... I would like a-"

(Zack was interrupted when he and Ben noticed a large walking towards the store with a hook.)

Ben: "I'm about to go "rocky road"" [He runs out of the parlor and primes the Omnitrix.]

Zack: "Ugh, but I wanted cookies and cream!" [He runs after Ben and readies the Ultimatrix.]

(Outside, the burly man digs the hook into the ATM and yells to his associate in the pickup.)

Burly Man: "Hit it!"

(The buck-toothed man tries pumping the gas, but nothing happens. Suddenly, the wheel melts out of his hands and the entire dashboard forms into Ben's black technorganic alien, Upgrade. The large man tries to go for his hook, but it's knocked out by Zack's green methanosian alien, Swampfire. Gwen then comes out of the parlor and runs up to Zack while Max congrats the two brothers.)

Max: "Good work, boys."

Gwen: [hugs Zack] "You were amazing, babe~."

Swampfire: [blushes] "Uhh, thanks."

Upgrade: "Hey, what about me?"

Gwen: [glares at Ben] "What about you?"

Zack: "Okay, okay, that's enough of that. So, where we heading off next, Grandpa?"

Max: "We're headin' off to see your Aunt Vera for the weekend!"

Upgrade: "Ugh, boring old Aunt Vera?! Nooooo!"

(Everyone was now back on the road in the Rust Bucket headed for Aunt Vera. Ben was sitting at the table while Zack was helping Gwen with the dishes.)

Gwen: "When Aunt Vera said she wanted to "move away from it all", she really meant it!"

Zack: "What possessed Aunt Vera to move out? In the middle of the desert? I wouldn't live here even if you paid me."

Ben: "Who cares? Aw man, this summer was supposed to be about F-U-N, not hanging out in some old lady's place."

Gwen: "I like Aunt Vera! And plus, you haven't seen your aunt for a long time, Zack. I think you'll like her too." [She gives him a kiss on the cheek, which he blushed lightly.]

Ben: "Duh! That's because you act like you're a hundred years old! Also, will you stop that? Do you have to latch onto his face every chance you get?"

Gwen: "It's called 'love', Ben. You'll understand when you're order."

Ben: "But I'm the same age as you and Zack!"

Zack: [smirks] "Hmph. Could've fooled me."

(Zack and Gwen shared a laugh when he said that while Ben sulks at the table.)

(The Rust Bucket finally enters Vera's retirement village. It drives past old folks' homes and some people out on the sidewalk. The three preteens are sitting at the table with Ben sitting across from Zack and Gwen, who has her head rested on Zack's shoulder while he is on her computer.)