Addictive

The twins run out of the cave as if they had a fire at their heels. Sean shook his head. What a funny duo. 

"I bet they are going to that building too." Gram smiled. 

"You think so?" Yok tilted his head.

"Gram is right. We will meet them there for sure." Sean nodded. If they had the same goal, the hidden construction must be their target, too. 

They were at twin's heels in a few hours. Sean could recognise their figure outlines from a distance. Pothiyakorn's were short, yet Sean swore White looked tinier and more fragile than his brother. All the cells in Sean's body screamed to protect him. Sean shook his head. He needs to stop these feelings before it's too late. White is from a different world. They could never work out. The last he can do is to get him to the finishing line without harm. 

"Why did they stop?" Yok whispered, pointing at the brothers. Black had White pinned to the tree trunk, observing the meadow. Sean approached the area at a safe distance from the twins, hiding behind the thick bush. He had a better view of the situation than Black. The wave of nausea hit him when he spotted the multiple scattered libs covered in blood lying carelessly in the grass. They appeared to be ripped from the torsos. Whatever did it, Sean hoped it wasn't here anymore. He averted his gaze, focusing on the twins instead. 

"Shit, that's gross," Yok commented louder than Sean would appreciate.  

"Shut it, Yok. You are going to out us." Gram whined. Sean rolled his eyes. It would be a miracle if Black and White didn't hear them. 

"Hey, you three idiots. If you want to stay undiscovered, you should shut up." Black's angry voice echoed through the forest. Sighing, he moved towards the sibling, telling Gram and Yok to follow him. 

"Who said we wanted to stay hidden?" Sean answered.

"Are you alright?" He asked, looking at White. The poor guy was pale, and his eyes wide. 

"I guess," White answered.

"Stop the chatting, we need to go." Black grabbed his brother's hand, trying to run away. Sean observed White whispering something to Black as he dragged him away. Sean had to stop them. 

"If you are going to the old building, you can accompany us, "He suggested. Black stopped in his tracks, turning around. 

"What are you talking about?"

"About the construction disguised as a sinkhole." Sean crossed his arms. 

"How?" 

"Didn't we already confirm we are here for Tawi?" Gram joined in the conversation.

"P'Black, let's go with them. Two heads are better than one." White pleaded, and Sean's heart skipped a beat, knowing the younger wanted to join them. 

"Fine." Black agreed.

"But one wrong move, and you know what will happen." He threatened. Sean snorted. Black was a real pain in the ass and too overprotective of his brother. 

"Let's move. I don't think the something that killed these people is still here, but I don't want to risk it." Sean suggested, glancing at the meadow. 

"Follow me." Gram skipped forward with a weary smile. 

"After you?" Black's eyebrow raised. 

"Gram is our map holder." Yok winked as he walked toward's the twins hooking his arm around White's shoulders. 

"You are too, right?" He asked. White nodded slightly. 

"We should go." Sean urged, trying not to mind Yok's hand on White. 

"No touching." Black detached his arm harshly from his brother. He grabbed him instead, nudging him to move. They set off in the opposite direction from the third location. The possibility that the organizers would interpret their movement as a fight between two groups was high. Hopefully, they won't send the drones there to follow them. 

Sean walked closer to White, inhaling the weak yet addictive vanilla fragrance. He still couldn't believe this beautiful human being voluntarily risked his life because of Tawi. Whatever reason the both Pothiyakorns had, they didn't belong here.