Macabre

The small meadow opened before them, showing a crumbling wooden shed. The dry grass around it had a weird colour. Black frowned. All his senses tingled, and he halted, pushing his brother against the tree trunk. Peeking from behind it, he tried to assess the situation. He scanned the area, spotting the unnature amount of flies gathering in several places. Black took a deep breath, trying to focus on the tall, dry grass. It took him a while to recognize an outline of human body parts. And there wasn't only one. Legs, arms, hopefully still attached to the torsos. He was lucky to lead the way, shielding White's view. At least he didn't see the awful spectacle. Black was horrified at the macabre nature of the killing. It couldn't be human work. 

He quickly looked at his twin. White's eyes were wide, pleading, and Black knew he couldn't hide the truth from him. 

"I need you to listen and try not to panic." Black started. His palm was settled on White's mouth, keeping him silent. 

"There are mutilated bodies. I can't tell how many because of the grass." He paused, checking his twin's reaction. White's breathing was uneven. He was probably panicking. Black caressed his side with his free hand.

"We won't go there, understand?" White nodded. He was calming down, so Black let go of his mouth. 

"How bad is it?" White's voice was shaking. 

"It's not a nice sight. We have to take a detour. I don't want to risk something jumping us here." 

"Okay." White agreed, taking out a map. Black noticed how his tiny hands trembled. A sound of branch snapping echoed somewhere around them. Black immediately hid White behind his body and pulled the knife from his back pocket. 

"Shit, that's gross." The familiar voice commented. 

"Shut it, Yok. You are going to out us." Gram whined. Black sighed. The dumb trio followed them here. 

"P'Black?" White patted his shoulder, pointing at the three men coming their way. 

"I know." He rolled his eyes. 

"Hey, you three idiots. If you want to stay undiscovered, you should shut up." Black groaned. 

"Who said we wanted to stay hidden?" Sean answered, and Black wanted to hit his smug face. 

"Are you alright?" The tall guy asked, looking more at White than him. 

"I guess," White answered. 

"Stop the chatting, we need to go." Black grabbed his twin's hand, dragging him away. 

"P'Black, we have to check the new route." 

"We can do it later," Black argued. "And far from them."

"If you are going to the old building, you can accompany us," Sean suggested. Black stopped in his tracks, turning around. 

"What are you talking about?" There was no way the three idiots knew about it unless they had the same purpose. 

"About the construction disguised as a sinkhole." Sean crossed his arms. 

"How?" Black didn't know what to say. 

"Didn't we already confirm we are here for Tawi?" Gram joined in the conversation. 

"P'Black, let's go with them. Two heads are better than one." White tugged at his sleeve. 

"Fine." Black agreed. 

"But one wrong move, and you know what will happen." He threatened.