Sugar

The morning came in a flash. Black urged him to pack his things so they could leave before others. Sean's group was almost done packing, too. White glanced their way, thinking they could join forces, but he wasn't entirely sure. It seemed they had the same target. Tawi. That man sure had a lot of enemies. 

"Put on a mask." Black poked his side. White nodded and pulled the dark cloth over his nose. They slipped the backpacks on their backs before White took out the map and GPS. 

"The second key location is not that far from here." He pointed out. 

"Good. We can check the situation here and move forward." Black agreed. White was sure the others heard them but pretended he didn't know. His brother leaned closer to his side, checking the map. He put his finger on the spot behind the second location and glanced at him. 

"You sure it's here?" He asked. White nodded. He did deep research, thanks to Todd. Their friend provided a lot of information. The satellite photos of the Dark Forest were the most helpful. White was able to locate a suspicious building hidden a few kilometres behind the second location. According to the map and GPS, the place was simply a sinkhole, but they knew the truth. It was a trick to prevent contestants from going that way. That place could have what they need against Tawi. 

"We are leaving." Black pushed him towards the exit. White managed to turn around and wai politely to Sean and his friends.

"Hurry, I have a feeling they will follow us." Black nudged him. White had to agree. Sean, Yok and Gram seemed like the types to stick their noses into stranger's business. They quickly found the right direction and made a beeline away from the cave. The first sun rays crept through the impenetrable wall of treetops, guiding them through the bush. The forest was quiet even now. No birds chirping. Shouldn't they hear at least branches breaking or grass rustling?   

"It's weird," White spoke up. 

"What's weird?" 

"The silence. I haven't heard birds since yesterday." White pointed out. Black hummed in agreement. 

"Nor any other animal. Did you hear something at night?" 

"Now that you are talking about it. I think I didn't. Maybe the animals live deeper in the forest?" Black suggested. 

"Maybe." White nodded, though he wasn't convinced. They were already far from the gate, and the forest grew denser. Getting to the location was getting more difficult with the distance travelled. 

"Do you think P'Sean and his friends are near?" White asked, genuinely curious. 

"I don't know, and I don't care." Black scoffed. 

"Stay quiet. We should be at the location soon." He scolded him. White pouted but obeyed his twin. They walked carefully, trying not to make any sound. The distance between trees grew bigger, drawing attention to the upcoming small glade. Black halted, pushing White behind the tree trunk. White was confused. He wanted to ask his brother what was happening, but he silenced him with his palm. White frowned. The expression on his brother's face and the fact Black didn't move either bothered him. White took a deep breath to calm down. The smell of rusty metal hit his nose instead. It made his stomach twist. 

He glanced at his Black, pleading with his eyes to tell him the truth. There was no need to sugar-coat it. After all, the Hunt was all about killing.