Confection

Gumpa pushed the shopping cart towards the sweets section. He didn't want to put anything from the colourful confection inside, but he promised Yok. And there was no chance for him to arrive without at least a chocolate bar. Sometimes, he felt more like a father of three naughty kids than an employer. Sean, Yok and Gram. These three boys appeared in his shop, asking for help with their rusty bikes. They had a minimal budget, and they looked like abandoned puppies. Gumpa was good at heart, and garage did well, so he took the kids in. It was years ago, and now he had three annoying teenagers under the roof, but he wasn't complaining. 

Sean was an orphan. Gumpa didn't know the details of his parent's death, but Sean hinted it wasn't a simple accident. He lived in their old flat, doing multiple part-time jobs to afford the school tuition and pay the necessary bills. When Gumpa saw how hard it was for him, he offered him a room in the garage. Sean was a good kid, although he hid deep pain and anger inside. Gumpa took it upon himself to direct the rage in the right direction. 

Gram, on the other hand, was thoughtful and full of fear. His parents lived in a different region of Thailand. They sent him a small allowance and paid for the dorm room. Gram told him they were farmers, but the work was hard and lately, due to the weather and ongoing land purchasing from big conglomerates, their farm didn't do well. So Gram took multiple jobs to pay his tuition and send his parents as much as he could. 

Yok was a hyperactive kid. It took Gumpa a lot of patience to tame his enormous energy. Yok's mother was deaf. It wasn't easy to maintain a stable job for her. Even Yok took multiple part-time jobs to help her out. He was a talented artist. Gumpa gained more customers thanks to his artistic skills. Though Yok tended to get into trouble more often than Sean and Gram, Gumpa was always willing to forgive him. 

These three were in a similar situation. No wonder they became friends. 

Gumpa jumped into his truck, glancing at the big screen hanging from the iron construction in front of the mall. The familiar face popped up. 

"The date of the annual Hunt is approaching." The man smiled.

"Come and join if you want to become a hero." The camera zoomed in on the man's shining face.

Gumpa frowned and snorted at the man's nerves to show his ugly smile as he spurred disgusting lies.

Tawi was the representation of money and power. However, everything he owned was thanks to shady businesses and questionable connections hidden behind the charity acts. Gumpa knew this masquerade too well. He was once a part of it. Greed changes human hearts and creates beasts from them. At least he realized it in time, unlike others. 

He slammed the car's door close and stepped on the gas. He needed to inform the guys they would start the plan soon.