Reward

The Pothiyakorn twins were standing right in front of them. Sean still couldn't believe it. Why would the rich kids attend Hunt? Are they that bored? He wiped the blood running from the corner of his mouth. That damned gremlin had a nice right hook. 

"Sorry to say that, but are you two bored of your life? Why are you here?" Gram asked the twins. Sean silently observed the duo. White's tinier frame was almost hidden behind his brother. His bambi eyes screamed fear, and he was shaking. Sean felt sorry for him, but on the other hand, they decided to be here. They should have expected something similar could happen. 

"Not your business." Black hissed as he moved away, dragging his brother with him. Sean was sure the twins weren't here for the reward. Their family was wealthy, so they had no reason to risk their lives for it. 

"If I wanted to commit suicide, I would choose something more fancy." Yok hummed, and Sean rolled his eyes. 

"Not suicide," White mumbled quietly, that Sean nearly missed it. 

"You aren't here to die, nor for money. Is this some sick fun for the rich kids?" Sean huffed annoyingly. 

"You wouldn't understand," White answered. He pulled away from his brother, but his arm was still wrapped around his waist. The expression on his face hardened, resembling Black more than Sean liked. This face didn't suit him. 

"Then explain it to me." Sean challenged him. White frowned. Sean's eyes landed on the small wrinkle forming between White's eyebrows. A part of him wanted to smoothen it, but he held himself back. 

"Tawi. It's all I can say. It's your turn. Why are you here? Money? I doubt it." White blinked at him. 

"How could you tell?" Yok asked. Sean would have hit him, but Gram was faster.

"You are not supposed to say it." Gram sighed. 

"Too late, idiot." Black chuckled. It seemed he was rather entertained, though the tension in his body remained unchanged. He was still ready to fight. 

"Tawi. It's all I can say." Sean used White's answer. The boy clicked his tongue, but he didn't seem angry.  

"We are in the same boat." White assumed. 

"Maybe." Sean shrugged. 

"If you tell anyone we are here, you are dead." Black threatened. 

"Whatever." Sean was done with Black's constant threatening. 

"I am hungry, P'Black. Let's eat." White tugged at his brother's vest. The other guy reluctantly followed his twin. They sat near the portable stove and helped themselves with soup. 

"I am hungry too," Yok whined. Sean turned to Gram expectantly. 

"Do you want some soup? I think I made too much." White offered. His sibling growled but didn't do anything anything to stop them. 

That night, Sean tasted the best meal of his life. Even though the atmosphere was still tense, and the trust was nowhere close, they agreed to take turns to watch. The Dark Forest was still a dangerous place. Sean, Yok, Black, and Gram took turns. White protested, but his brother effortlessly persuaded him. Honestly, Sean was glad. He didn't want anything to happen to White.