Treat

The older man sighed desperately, looking at another letter from his soon-to-be ex-wife's lawyer. He didn't have to read it to know what she was demanding. It made him furious. He endured years of her cheating without a word, working on his career as a politician and diplomat to gain enough influence before he asked for a divorce. Though it hurt him, he travelled from country to country, leaving his boys with his wife. Maybe he hoped they would get closer, but he was wrong. Methinee cared only about money and power. And it was something he lacked, as his wife permanently reminded him of. 

There were times he regretted listening to his father. But he remembered his two beautiful sons, the only good thing coming out of his arranged marriage. Methinee wasn't happy to get pregnant. She took it as a necessity.  

So he didn't understand why she fought for Black and White like a lioness. She never treated them well, so why now? What would she gain from having them? Adul slammed his fist on the table. She won't get his boys, never. 

"Dad?" White peeked at him through the door. "Are you alright?" 

Adul looked up, forcing a smile. 

"Everything is good. Where is your brother?" Adul asked, reaching for the envelope and clumsily putting it in the drawer. 

"P'Black is in the kitchen, trying to convince the cook to make something spicy." White smiled, but his eyes lingered on the drawer. 

"Is that from mother's lawyer?" 

Adul sighed. He didn't want to worry White, but his boy would find out anyway. He could already imagine how he instructed Black to sneak into his study and steal the letter. The thought made him smile. His sons were too clever and sneaky for his liking. 

"Yes." He answered simply before he stood up and walked over to White. He put an arm around his shoulder, pulling him closer to his side. White's hand sneaked around Adul's waist, making him smile. White, though he will turn 20 in a year, was still clingy, unlike his brother. Black wasn't a fan of a skinship, but he didn't necessarily fight off his hugs. They walked down the stairs, listening to Black argue with the chef. 

"Would it kill you to make it more spicy?" 

"Young master, your father can't eat spicy things due to his ulcer." 

Adul shook his head, walking with White inside the kitchen. Black was sitting on the kitchen island, munching on an apple and glaring at the cook's back.

"You can make a separate dish for me, you know?" Adul spoke up, drawing their attention. 

"I know." The chef smiled.  

"I just like to argue with young master Black. The lunch will be ready in a minute." The older man returned to his work. Black rolled his eyes, jumping from the table. 

"Dad, White." He greets them. The trio walked into the dining room, sitting at their respective places. Adul at the head of the table, with White at his left and Black at his right. 

"Dad got another letter," White informed his twin. 

"Again? What does that bitch want this time?" Black growled, looking at his father. 

"Language, Black. She's still your mother." Adul scolded his son. 

"Whatever, she's still a bitch." Adul sighed. He seems to sigh a lot these days. 

"She wants custody over us, right?" White asked. Adul nodded silently.

"I don't understand why. You will be 20 next year." He exclaimed. White and Black glanced at each other. They seemed to communicate via their strange bond. It would have scared Adul before, but he was used to it now. 

"Maybe her lover is behind it?" White suggested. Adul frowned, thinking.

"Why would her lover want you? No offense, my boys. But you are quite a handle." Adul joked. Black and White laughed at his statement.