26

You know the time where everything is going your way and your life is all sunshine and rainbows till the cloud bursts. Talia was there right now.

Watching her family dine with her lover.

Such a mundane activity but this is what she wanted. But it wasnt close to a happily ever after. Not yet.

Days past by as she handled things with Oscar. His police friend was going to meet them at a restaurant tonight. So she pulled on her beige slacks with an offwhite silk shirt.

While putting on her shoes she felt an arm snake around her waist and peck her neck.

"They will get what they deserve tonight." He whispered in her ear and she nods. It will all come to an end tonight.

They had come a long way. Her parents just left in the morning still quite worried about this whole mess.

He pulled her hair back and tied it in a messy low bun. Not that he was trying to be messy but.

She chuckled but didn't change it.

They walked out and she was no longer surprised with the company of guards around them. They used to be out of sight till she got accustomed to it.

They would follow after them in two other cars.

The driver opened the door and Oscar helped her in before walking to the other side and getting in.

Talia looked at the people on the streets to keep her mind off of all that was left to be dealt with. The Phoenix-

Oscar lifted her arm to his lips, kissing the inside of her wrist and she smiled at his attempt to comfort her. She knew this was a first for him in a long time.

"I'm good, you dont have to worry-"

"I'm not worried I just wanted to kiss you" he said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

She rolled her eyes in amusement. Nevermind, he is a brute.

She gasped when he pulled her to his lap. He grabbed her jaw and smashed his lips against hers.

She moans against him and he smirks against her lips. His lips trailed down kissed all the way to her cleavage when she pulled away.

He bites down suddenly and she gasped, getting off of his lap and turning to glare at him. He just looked smug. She narrowed her eyes at him and then her eyes widen when she looked at her skin just above her bust.

It was already  reddening. So she put on another button and he hums in approval. "That's better" he said and she smacks him on his arm. He let's out a laugh and she pauses. Just looking at him. Without even realising she reached towards him for a kiss and then-

For a second she was in the air. Her body was floating and then the car toppled. She hit her rib on the edge of the drivers seat.

Her body weight ended on her ankle just as there was another jerk and she hit the glass window with her head.

It all happend so fast.

Oscar grabbed her and tugged her towards him as the car rolled to a stop.

Her ears were ringing as she looked at Oscar who had blood trickling down his forehead. She winced and he kicked the door to his side open and that's when she noticed the driver who looked like he was dead.

The fire in the front was growing.

Oscar dragged her out of there while she howled in pain. He didnt have the time to be careful, the car could blow up any time.