10

I wake up when I hear heavy breathing and because of the pain on my waist from his grip.

I turn around to take a look at him and find him asleep but in discomfort. He had a hard frown on his face and was sweating even when the room was cold.

I bite my lip and contemplate what I should do. I run my hand through his hair and for a second he freezes but he relaxes his grip and his frown disappears. I hum a song softly as I continue running my fingers through his hair.

He calms down and when for a few minutes his breathing stabilises I stop and get up. His hand grips my wrist.

I turn to find his eyes open. His features were beautiful, especially his eyes that were bright icy blue like marbles.

I look away when I remember the auction. I snatch my hand away and he lets me. I know he had the strength.

He sits up, I check the time and it read 6 am. I pull my legs up to my chest, "help me understand why people support human auction" I said and he didn't reply so I just got up to freshen up.

He sat on the edge and pulled me on his lap and shifted so that my legs rested on his thigh and I was sitting beside him.

I didn't want to look at him, he seemed like a good man but last night's incident proved otherwise.

"Belle I don't answer to you but know that the girl you met last night consented to the auction."

I pull away and walk to the washroom, he followed me and I walk to the basin. I washed my face and started brushing my teeth when I heard him pee.

My eyes widen at how comfortable he was. I looked down as I didn't want to accidentally see anything.

I finished brushing and he took over.

I handed the extra toiletries to him, I sat by the bed on the floor trying to understand what could have gone so wrong that all this was happening to me all.

I pulled my knees to my chest and rested my head on my hands over my knees. I close my eyes and wonder what was due next.

The bathroom door shuts and I look up to find Oscar standing infront of it and looking at me with what looked like curiosity.

I got up and walked out to the kitchen and shivered, looks like my heater isn't working. I check and I was right. I bang on the wall in frustration.

I pick up a pan to make an omelette as I ignore the cold. I get everything ready, I sigh as it seems like atleast this is going well.

I grabbed the handle for the pan to flip the omelette but the screw of the handle comes off and out off reflex I grab the pan with my left hand and immediately curse.

Atleast the pan didn't fall. I switch off the stove-

Oscar who had been watching me all this while grabbed my hand and placed it under the cold water. I bite my lip in pain and look away. That's when I realised I was pressed against Oscar who was right behind me holding my hand under the faucet.

I straighten up but there is no space between me and him as I'm also pressed against the sink.

He stopped the water and the burning continues. "It's not a major burn but you need to dress it so where is the first aid" he asked and point to the top cabinet and he grabs my waist tugging me along.

He made me sit by the island.

He grabbed the first aid box and applied the ointment. "Don't use that hand for anything, let the skin heal."

I nod.

He used a cloth to hold the pan and finished cooking for the two of us, he asked me around the kitchen as he worked on the breakfast while I watched.