25

Talia looked at him with wide eyes but a slight blush coated her cheeks as he leaned down and smirked when she looked flushed.

To his surprise she grabbed his collar and smashed her lips against his. She took advantage of his surprise and turned him.

Pressing his back against the door while she pressed herself against his body.

Her hands on his waist as she leaned up on her toes to keep kissing him and he responded. His hand went under her hair gripping the nape of her neck as he kissed her back with the same intensity.

His other hand snaked around her waist. Then she moved away. He looked like would pounce on her at any moment as she backed away.

"Belle-"

"You just walked us out of there, better come up with a story" she whispered as she backed away further from his dark gaze.

He was so bloody handsome that Talia knew she was returning his gaze with the same fire.

He chuckled and closed his eyes for a few seconds. Talia took the time to admire him further, he looked like a grizzly bear who was a softie. Little did she know that it was just for her.

"I spoke to a friend who works in the police. He said he will handle Diego but before that-" Talia couldn't ask further as he walked past her and sat on the bed.

"I want to know what happened when I wasnt here" he continued and said. Talia was sure that he forgot but it looked like he was just taking his time, waiting for the right opportunity.

She walked and sat beside him. He played with her hair as she spoke. "I - wait how did you know that Diego showed up" Talia asked and turned to him.

He shrugged. "I have cameras all over the place" he said and she nods and then her eyes widen when she realised that he had everything recorded.

"You mean all the rooms?" She asked in a whisper as if they weren't the only ones around and he laughs.

"As much as I would love to have records of our-" he grinned when Talia blushed. He tugged at her hair when she wouldn't look at him and she winced, smacking him on the thigh.

"Not the bedrooms or the bathrooms, that's why I want to know what happened and how did a sturdy chair like that break" he said and she looked at him.

Talia sighed, he meant business.

"After I locked myself in, I made Diego believe that I jumped into the balcony below but I was just there, right there, hiding in the closet and he uh-" she shuddered as she recalled almost screaming when the chair came flying her way.

"He threw the chair in frustration at the closet. I dont know what he wants and his companions fixed whatever they could before leaving to remove all traces of evidence" she said and he pulled her on his lap.

"I'm so glad that you managed but I hate that it happened and I wasnt there to protect you from him-" he started to speak but Talia frowned, she pulled away and looked at him.

Then she got up and turned to him.

"You dont have to protect me. Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean that I can't protect myself" Talia said as she looked at him. She wasnt a helpless damsel in distress who had to wait for her prince charming to save her.

"I'm not protecting you because you are a woman, I'm protecting you because you are MY woman" He said as he got up and her breath hitched. Wow she wasnt expecting that.

She bit her lip and looked away. "But you do think I'm weak" she asked rhetorically and sighed as she sat back on the bed.

He knelt in front of her and lifted her hand to his lips. "Talia how can you doubt yourself when people are afraid of what you have created. Your weapon is your mind and knowledge, that makes you stronger than those who rely on just physical strength." He said and she bites her lip and turns.