16

He frowns at me, "where are you going?" He asked and I ignored him as I walked past to the car. I wince at the beep sound as the car unlocks.

I opened the car door to Oscars car and Alan puts his hand over it, halting me from entering. "Where to?" I looked at him wondering if it would be a good idea to tell him.

"If I wanted to tell Oscar I would have woken him up" I whisper out to him.

"I work for him"

"I'm well aware, that's exactly why I'm not-"

"That doesn't mean I can't make my own decisions" he said, interrupting me midway. I look at him and raise an eyebrow.

"Are you Implying what I think you are"

"Depends on what is in your head"

I contemplate, it would be better to take him along in case someone decides to show up. "You better be good at fighting"

I said and threw the keys at his chest as I walked to the other side.

He looked at me and then at keys, with one last look at the house he got in and I followed. I had got the manual key out from the car keys just in case he decided to bolt.

I slipped it in the hoodie pocket along with my phone.

He drove out and I put in the gps to direct him to my house. I was nervous for first time while going home. In these situations it made sense to be but it used to be my home.

"So why are we going there?"

I bit my lip, would it be the right move to be honest? Probably not but oh well.

"The cop who was after me placed a camera in my bedroom through someone, I can't get it out of my head"

He glances towards me and I raise an eyebrow. "Why would you want to go there after finding out"

"Why not? I mean I can't sit and cry about it, I can't stop thinking about it so the least I can do it is remove it from my house."

He turned back towards the road and I watched the scenery.

My mind wandered to the photos on the counter. The photo in my silk robe triggered me the most, it was the only activity I indulged in alone. I feel violated sharing that moment with someone I hadn't even met.

What was the point of that photograph, it made no sense for him to keep that.

For a cop to stoop so low for a case-

"HEY"

I jump in my seat at the sudden yelling, Alan had stopped the car and I hadn't realised.

It looked like he had been calling out to me for a while now. "I've been-" he sighed as I rubbed my face. "I'm sorry" I said in a soft voice.

He grabbed my shoulder and turned me towards him, "Oscar is not just my boss but also someone who has been there for me when I hadn't even joined the gang. He saved my life and gave me a place to stay with people that I can trust with my life."

"Why-"

"I'm telling you all this so that you realise that the bastard will get what coming, whoever did what they did will be delivered to you on a silver platter. Oscar is in love with you and I was just a stranger when he saved my life."

I looked at him as he reassured me that those who deserve it will get a treatment that'll cost them more than they can afford.

I understand where he is coming from, but karma wasn't on my mind.