14

I look away, my face was red and I could feel the heat, maybe it was all in my head.

"Belle"

I turned back and he was just an inch away from my lips. He leaned down but winced at the pain from the wound.

My eyes widen, I lead him back to the bed and he sighs. He thought I was refusing. I made him sit on the bed and with one knee between his legs I leaned down.

I tug at his lower lips with my teeth and his breath hitched. His hands on my waist pulled me against him as he deepens the kiss.

He tried to get back up but I pushed him down and moved away. I stepped back.

My eyes widen at what I just did.

"Uh- get some rest"

I said and ran out of the room, closing the door behind me. My heart was pounding, my face was heating up and I was slightly trembling.

I can't let that happen, not till I know what's in my head and heart. I will not be someone who uses another as a rebound or compensation. Especially not someone with blood on his hand.

The door opens and I stumble as I was leaning against it only for me to find myself pressed against him.

His hand just under my busy as he steadied me and I balance myself and turn to look at him.

"What are you doing-"

"Get in the bed with me, don't overthink" he said and walked back in leaving the door ajar. He got into the quilt and patted the space beside him on the bed.

"I'll sleep in the other room Osca-"

"Just get in before- please" he changed his sentence mid way and I chuckle. Cute.

I look at my outfit and he speaks up again, "grab something from my closet, I'll get someone to change your wardrobe tomorrow."

I nod and walk in the to his wardrobe and grab a tee, it looked like it was long enough to be pulled off as a casual dress. I changed into it and put my clothes on the side-

The bell rings and I frown, who and why are they here at this time. I hear voices from the other side, it sounds like multiple people are- the door bangs again.

I step out and look at Oscar who was already up but he had a hand on the injury, "go sit I'll check" he said and I scoff at his suggestion.

"Ofcourse not, why would I let you check who it is when I'm around. Especially when it's so late."

I felt touched, I liked how he didn't put me down but just his want to take care of the situation. Not that I can't handle it but just this time he is around.

I was lost in my thoughts and he was already opening the door, I wanted to stop him. He is already injured.

I walk to him just as he opens the door and a dozen man come storming inside the house.

I grab a  glass lantern and threw it between Oscar and the men. The men jumped back and looked at me like I had lost it and Oscar raised an eyebrow at me.

"Who are they, they shouldn't come barging in and you, what are you thinking. You should check before opening especially in your condition" I grumbled at him and he his lips pull up in a lopsided grin.

There was pindrop silence after I spoke. The men seemed to be taken aback and after a few seconds I felt their eyes trail over my body and then it moved to Oscar who had stripped out of his pant and was now in boxers and a vest.

"Is she-"

"Good choice boss"

"Wohoo boss-"

"When is the engagement-"