54 | The Little One

❥Through His Eyes✿

J A M I E

THE SMELL of smoke assaulted my nostrils, smoke filled the kitchen from the skillet I had placed on the fire alerting the smoke alarm, and probably everyone in the house. Because almost immediately, Gareth rushed to the kitchen and quickly turned off the cooker rescuing a pan of blackened chunks. He quickly grabbed the mitt shoving the pan into the sink. It protruded more smoke making us to cough on the impact.

Some days I understand myself, other days I’m not quite sure what is up in my head. I mess the most random things up and I’m shocked myself. The past couple of days have been a bit weird for me. I burned a meal that is absolutely almost impossible to mess up. The entire pot is pitch black and I’m standing there looking like 'what just happened?' I left just for a moment to send some money to Unique and I got distracted.

"Are you alright my lady?" I nodded still focused on chasing the smoke away. Henna and half of the helps had already gathered at the kitchen assisting me in clearing out the smoke.

"You shouldn't be here my lady, We'll take care of it." They suggested. It was a mess I created, I had to help.

Just then Damien walked in on us in a well scrubbed black sweatpants and tshirt. He let out a small cough before asking. "What's that smell?"

I hesitated before answering. "I'm sorry Damien, I was craving potatoes and then I tried frying some potatoes and this happened." I tried to explain, how I almost burnt down the house because of a craving.

"It's the middle of the night babe, you'd have asked Henna or anyone to do it for you." He navigated his way towards my side stretching his hands to hold me. But I recoiled. I'm too angry at myself right now to even get a consolation from my husband.

Why am I so unlucky these days?

"I just wanted to send some money to Unique and I don't know how this happened." I explained to him, my voice already shaking. "This cravings are getting out of hand Damien. I can't believe I almost burnt the house because of potatoes and sunny side up egg." It's usually a simple meal for me to make. But I don't even know what happened and has everything burst into flames. I just needed it to be a little crispy brown.

He laughed, stretching his hands towards me again. "C'mere baby."

"This cravings are really dangerous Damien." I rested my head on his broad chest while he soothe my back calmly. "Gareth get her a glass of water."

We retreated to the living room where Ace followed behind worried. We perched down on the sofa and he sat beside me with Ace lying on my legs. Gareth handed me a glass of water, room temperature.

"Are you still craving potatoes?" His voice was really calm when he asked. I almost burnt down this mansion and I still get baby treatments from my husband.

"Yeah." I whispered. "Crispy brown fried potatoes with shrimps, sunny side egg and blueberry milk." I told Gareth what I wanted in a pleading voice. He returned with a smile before leaving.

"I'm sorry for waking you Damien. I'm already this big and my cravings are really getting serious."

He searched for my hands intertwining it with his. "So you can't wait to get our little one out of you."

I hesitated for a moment thinking about what he just asked. "No." I replied, getting really emotional.

I'm so not ready.

"Are you crying?"

"No." I sniffed, so confused as to why I'm getting this emotional. "Babe I can't do it, I'm petrified, I'm shaking, I'm scared." Tears brimming my vision, I stare at Damien who now wore a concerned look on his face. "I'm not ready to lose anyone either."