52 | The Offer

❥Through His Eyes✿

J A M I E

"Do you love me?"

HE'S SILENT. The silent that falls between us is almost deafening. It's like he's staring at me with those beautiful grey eyes I've come to love so much but he averts his gaze almost immediately, searching for the wine glass beside him.

I know I said not to question his feelings. But a frown touches my lips and I'm curious to know what he's thinking about.

I still don't know how to love and care.

Is that what is running through his mind?

He doesn't say it back. "You don't?" I realize what I just relayed, I shouldn't be thinking like this. I'm trying to understand him, but I don't know how long I'll do this for, and with this excruciating silence I don't think I'd be able to tell him.

My chest tightens with this sudden unusual pain. I hide the medical reports in my clothes, with the thoughts that I should give him time.

"It's fine." I put a smile on display.

"Jamie I. . ."

"My lady." Henna rushed towards us, restlessness in her expression. She gave Damien a quick glance. "Master Damien your father is here and. . ." She turns to me. "He is requesting for you my lady."

My heart skips a bit. His father wants to see me.

What would Mr Luke want me for?

I look at Damien. He is frowning, deep in thoughts with his lips pursed. "I'll come with." He suggested trying to stand but ended up knocking off the wine glass next to him.

I don't refuse but numerous quantity of questions run through my head, questions that were complicated to explain even to myself.

The environment suddenly felt tense, and that made me feel even more insecure and frightened since I wasn’t in my protective cocoon.

"I only asked to see you." With an intense and rude stare at his son standing next to me protectively, he speaks through gritted teeth. "But now both of you are here. It'd save me some stress."

He's sipping the jasmine tea he was offered, from the vapor dismissing into thin air, it was obvious it was still hot.

"What are you doing here?" Damien asks.

"I have an offer for you Ms. Harvey." He reprives me of my married title. He says it like he is unsure of my marital status, like he just divorced me with that title.

"Mrs. . ." I correct. It is the proper title for a married woman. He shoots me a death glare and almost immediately I look away.

"How will you feel if your father gets a manager position in one of my organizations."

It's up to dad not me.

"It's up to you." He insists broadcasting that I had voiced out my thoughts. His eyes rummaged by belly.

"Get to the point." Damien shoots.