16 | The Old Man

❥Through His Eyes✿

J A M I E

I MESSED UP. Big time.

I was meant to meet his grandfather, but I embarrassed myself in front of Damien. He must be angry at me right now. My head was pounding like crazy now and my stitches hurt. I groaned taking a pill from the tablet of painkillers on the bedside table. Henna would have probably dropped it there.

The only thing I remembered was taking a glass of whiskey the waitress offered. The rest was blur to me. I rushed downstairs after a long warm bath surprised to see the dining table filled with delicacies. The chicken piccata, shrimp scampi and caprese grilled filet mignon were what caught my sight first. There were so many good food that I was so selfish enough I wanted it all to myself.

"She must probably be hungry." The voice on an older version spoke rather calmly accompanied with his soft laughter. I stared at the old man with an Egyptian cobra staff stick. He stared cautiously at me with Damien by his side. They looked very much alike. Damien mirrored his features. I had just realized I was on Damien's shirt, which exposed my shoulders and bare legs.

The situation was quite awkward because for a moment we just stood staring at each other. "Happy New Year." I complimented offering them seats while forcing a smile.

"She must love you so much that she put on your shirt." He said and laughed at his joke. A statement that was clearly not funny. Seeing Damien wasn't going to act along I let out a small laugh.

"Of course I do." I said sitting opposite Damien who didn't even bother to dash a glance my side.

"Why are you sitting opposite your husband?" The old man asked me. "I know it's awkward having me around but you don't have to do that." He offered me a seat beside Damien. For some reason Damien obliged to everything his grandfather did. I sat close to Damien and placed some food on his plate. He must really love his grand father to tolerate my presence next to him.

"I saw the news of the incident." He pointed my forehead. "Thankfully it didn't get worse. These anti - fans just hate people like us for no reason. Henna told me Damien changes it everytime for you."

I tried not to choke on the food, so it wouldn't seem like a lie. Damien was a pro, he acted normal, like he does it everyday trying to prove his undying love for me. Since the incident he hasn't even asked about my injury. Seriously, I give it to him. All acting credits goes to my despicable darling husband.

I noticed some crumbs by the side of his mouth and with the pad of my thumb I wiped it carefully and brought it to my mouth.

The Old Man smiled heavily at me while Damien dropped down his fork dumbfounded. "I only did that because I was used to it." I used to clean off the crumbs from April's lips and lick it off. And for a moment here I forgot it was Damien.

"I'm really sorry about yesterday, I crossed the line." I brought the glass of chapman to my lips to take a sip.

"It's fine, I've never seen Damien treat a lady the way he treated you yesterday. He cuddled you in his arms."

This time it was uncontrollable. I choked on my drink. I didn't have the assemble my thoughts on how I had gotten home last night.

"Papa that's enough." Damien stated. It sounded like an order to me.

"So tell me Damien, how did you guys meet?"

The old man wasn't tired of firing questions at us. Damien stuttered at some of the questions and I'd butt in saving him from embarrassing himself. I had to form fake stories on how we met, where we met, how we engaged and our love life. He believed it, every word I said. But when I mentioned Damien and I running under the rain as an answer to a certain question he asked about College, Damien grew cold and the old man acted surprised. His stare was uncomfortable and I feared he might blow our cover.

There must be something about the rain that angers Damien so much he had to leave the dining room when I spoke about it a lot more. The old man beckoned me to go after him and I did.

"You'll make him think we are making up a story."

He turned to me pressing down on my shoulders with his hands and his striking stare. I tried my best not to wince but it wasn't working.

"If you don't know what to say, then keep shut!" He ordered pressing down hardly.

"Damien you're hurting me." I whined trying to pull his hands from my shoulder but he was stronger than me. I finally pushed his hands off my shoulder strenuously. "Don't you ever lay your hands on me like that again!" I warned him. It took a lot of courage before I could do that. "What the hell is your problem?!" I walked off.

"Is everything okay?" The old man asked as soon as I stepped into the room. He wiped his mouth with the serviette and settled his cobra staff under his palm before walking to me.

"He's mad about something at work." I had to set my story straight. Even if I were to ask Damien. He wasn't going to tell me.

"That's Damien being Damien, work overall." I chuckled as we walked out of the dinning room out to the living room. "I'm really happy to hear he walked under something he really despise."

Damien hates the rain?

"I'll be leaving to Hawaii in a few weeks, why don't you and Damien tag along. I mean you guys haven't had your honeymoon yet because of Damien's work," he smirked. "Don't worry I'll have him suspend his work for the main time."

The old man gave an offer to me and I accepted without discussing it with Damien. "Since we didn't go for our honeymoon, he proposed we follow him to Hawaii, to spend our honeymoon and I agreed." I practiced the speech I was going to tell Damien. I just have to figure out how to talk to him when he's calm.

IN THE NEXT CHAPTER...

"I had few shots of drink what's the big deal, why are you even bringing this up. Why do you hate me so much?!"

"Well thankfully you know I do hate you, I hate everything about you, I hate that we are breathing the same air under the same roof, I hate you being around me, I hate that you are here in my room right now, why are you even here?, this is not our room to be clear, this is my room and I hate it that you wear my clothes"