11 | The Beginning

❥Through His Eyes✿

J A M I E

I TURNED to his direction, I couldn't meet his eyes to avoid the needles he was shooting at me. It was like he could see me, but he couldn't. The dog lowered and whined, hiding beside me. He knew he had done something wrong and it's like he's scared he would get a punishment from his owner.

"Ace come here!" he ordered and I had no idea who that name belonged to. "Ace!" He shouted again, the dog quickly walked to him.

Who names a dog Ace these days? This is hilarious. My heart beat rapidly. I shouldn't be scared of my husband. This sham, charade he is putting up, his intimidating presence, scary voice, fierce eyes, they won't work on me.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm s-sorry I just..."

Jamie quit stuttering.

I'm literally embarrassed at myself. Few minutes ago I was boosting my courage to face him, but the tone in his voice did wonders to me.

"Breakfast." I glanced at the floor. "Well that's something." I bent to clean up the mess I made on the floor. "Henna?"

"Henna!" He called and I stood in my tracks scared at the tone of his voice. I should really get used to this. My legs weren't moving anymore. I stood still trying to recover from the shock of the shout. Quietly but slowly I took the stairs with shaky legs.

I'm sorry sir

Certain that was the voice of Henna, I walked into the room. The moment I clicked the door shut. I closed my eyes and groaned. What is wrong with him? Even when he tries to be pleasant, I'm certain he can't succeed. The invasion of my life was driving me batty. Sharing this house with Damien was surely going to make me lose my mind. And to top it all, I was starving, I haven't eaten a proper food since I got here. Dale was old enough to be my father, I didn't have the heart to stress him into making another breakfast for me plus I had to venture out.

Even if I did, I'd probably get lost. The amount of trees I crossed before getting to this place was countless and scary. I did not even sight any restaurant around or the supermarket. I'm literally living in a mansion that's situated in the middle of nowhere.

But then I have the driver and I need some clothes too. I made my way out of the bathroom into his walk in closet, even his room and his clothes had no atom of life in it. After a silent prayer, I finally found something to wear, at least for the rest of the day.

I had no underwear, I really need to go shopping. I tried to put the whole ridiculous situation out of my mind as I walked out of the room.

"Where are you going?" Damien asked as I reached the door. How did he know?

"Out, shopping." I replied, my tone clipped.

"You can't leave the house." He stated incredulously.

"You must be joking, because I didn't get married to get imprisoned okay?"

He didn't reply back. He's on with a game with himself, it's chess. It's a braille chess board which suddenly he knocked off the queen and just when I tried to walk out of the door two suits came in my line of view.

"What's going on?" I asked but it looked like they only take orders from Damien. "Damien?" I called, he didn't even answer me. "Do not touch me." I warned but the huge man carried me on his shoulders, Light as feather walking me back to the room. "Damien!!" I screamed struggling myself out of his grip and slamming hard on his back. "Damien!!!" I cried out, but the heartless bastard didn't even look at me. "Let me go you freak!!"

He opened the door and placed me on the bed, locking the door from the outside. "Damien!" I banged on the door trying to get anyone's attention. I knew I was wasting my time. "Arghhh!!!" I screamed ruffling my hair vigorously. My poor scalp. I was slowly losing it.

Then the lock twitched.

"Damien?" I was wrong. It was Henna. She stood with a tray of newly breakfast tray. "Henna!" My voice rang like I was about to cry.

Instantly, she shut the door and walked towards me with the tray. "I'm sorry my lady, You haven't had a proper breakfast since this morning so I brought you this."

"Thank you." I smiled at her.

"Actually my lady, Mr. Lu-"

"It's Jamie. Jamie Har...Abbott"

She fiddled with her fingers, "We can't call you that, Master Damien won't like it."

Of course. That rude duck. "You're old enough to be my mother. You can call me Jamie when we are togeth..."

There was a loud crash in the living room. Henna looked at me and I mirrored it. She didn't look surprised at all. Like it's not the first time whatever is happening downstairs is going on. Just when I was about to have a proper food. The noises came again like someone was intentionally doing this.

"It's best if you stay here." She warned, trying to block my path from the door. She definitely knew what's going on outside. Everything is happening just in one day and it's killing me already.

"What's happening?"

I asked but she lowered her head to the ground to avoid my question. She tried to wedge me out again. I walked past her down the stairs, I wasn't ready for what I saw before me.

Clearly, this was just the beginning.

IN THE NEXT CHAPTER...

Damn! They weren't enough. I felt like buying everything in this mall. I even get a personal delivery service at my house. I'm literally enjoying what April would be enjoying if she had gotten married to him. My mood instantly changed, it nor feels more like I'm actually taking her place.

I was out the stores front door when I heard. "Jamie" and on instinct I turned. That's when I saw a man who appeared to be in his thirties standing about few feet from me. Suddenly, his grin turned into a frown. "Whore!!" He screamed at me a whipped a brick at my direction. I wasn't too fast to dodge. My body met the ground