46 | The Rain

❥Through His Eyes✿

J A M I E

"DO YOU have any idea where he is taking me?" I asked Henna again, after Damien had told me we were going out. I'm healthy and strong thanks to Damien. I can't believe I'd be saying nice things about him.

I have no idea of Damien's sudden change of behavior, but as much as I'm scared of it, I'm liking it. I love the sweet him, he's charming, and damn he knows how to make a woman's knee grow weak with just a kiss. I had thought our first kiss was purely accidental, and that we'd gotten caught up in our emotions. But I had to convince myself otherwise when it happened again.

It was kiss of need, full emotions, it was tender and alluring.

"Not the slightest clue. He did say you'll be heading to the airport." She replied back as she placed the last piece of jewelry in my earlobe and then spritz the perfume at the most essential parts of my body. I stare at the lantern sleeves shrugged mini dress which didn't do a good job hiding my growing belly bump, and I wasn't sure if I should be wearing heels. But it made me look classy regardless. My lips widened into a beautiful smile.

But then my smile vanished with the same speed it had come and my heartbeat accelerated as every step I took brought me close to him. Slowing down my pace, I took deep breaths to calm myself.

He stood next to a Black Bugatti, with a cane in his hands and the suits around him.

This super car was complexed, small yet lite, very lite, astronomically light. The wheels magnesium alloy, and the underpinnings titanium.

He seemed to have heard the noise on the floor coming from my heels because at the point, he looked up to my side. I couldn't tell what he was thinking about, or where his eyes where focused at. But he looked like he had regrets - like he wished he could see.

"I can't see you right now but I know you look breathtaking." He breathed and set out his palm for me.

That involuntary reddening of a person's face betrayed me and I had the urge to cover my face with my palms but thinking it'd appear childish, I began fiddling with my silver clutch bag. For the first time since I got married to Damien, this was the first time a compliment came from his mouth.

Who knew he could say something like this?

"Are we riding this?" I dropped my hand on his.

"Yeah, don't you like it? I can..."

"Damien— "I cut him off before he could suggest getting another ride. "I like it, where are we going?"

"London." He stated plainly.

I inhaled deeply and exhaled slowly trying to relax as the car zoomed off to the airport. I have always looked forward to travelling to London. This is because of the exciting stories I had heard from Mae. She said that London accommodated the best museums and other historical places, she had blabbered about the Tower Bridge and the famous Big Ben clock.

I can't wait to see her reaction when she hears that I'm sitting here on a plane, on my way to London with Damien sitting beside me.

The plane moved down the runway and my heart began to palpitate as it got faster and faster. I drew in a deep breath, I hoped this country would give me everything I craved for. Beautiful beaches, thriving cities, ancient temples.

I pushed my sit back to watch the view from the window.

"Hey...We should be on ground soon." Damien whispered to me after he woke me up with a little rub on my legs, before an announcement was made from the speakers. I wasn't even going to ask how he knew.

I settled back in my seat, fastened my seat belt when told and said a hastened prayer as the plane deepened. With only a little wallop, we were back on solid ground.

* * *

It was my first time in a jewelry house this luxurious. I could see the cheerful and brilliant painting as we walked in. There were jewelries lined up in orders, placed on a little mannequin stand in glasses.

"Damien why are we here?" I spoke through gritted teeth as one of the ladies easily recognized him, wore a brighter smile and led us down each lines.

She had hinted us that they sell the finest coffee from all over the world. Hand in hand, we made our way through one the transparent glass door, a blanket of cold air hit me and the rich smell of jewelries which was delectable. The smell of the diamonds -shiny, rich, and layered.

The noise the customers made were little which reminded me I was in the midst of high class people.

"Have you seen anything you like?"

"What?!" I thought we were here for a meeting of some sought. What does he mean by seen anything I like? I've seen a lot of things I love. "Everything here is expensive Damien."

"That's the more reason you should get it. You are my wife."

The lady blushed at his words and led us to a stand where a necklace piece laid unbothered on a mannequin. I looked closer at it, admiring every sparkling diamond glued to it.

I love it.

"You can have it." Damien replied, and I just realized I voiced out my thoughts. "Let her try it on."

She carefully pulled out the piece from it's glass and handed it over to Damien who inturn inspected it with his hands. "Turn." He ordered and like a jelly under his command, I did.

His hands grazed over my shoulders, and slowly he pulled my hair to the other side. I tried not to shiver at his touch but I failed at every attempt. Carefully, he placed the necklace round my neck and it took a moment before he locked it.

"It's a 100 carat platinum diamond drop necklace." He stated the name of the piece unbothered at what the price could hold.

I was too stunned to say anything after Damien paid for six pieces jewelry and didn't get anything for himself.

When we stepped out of the store, the droplets had become heavier and heavier. I had figured it'd rain when I felt a small water droplet bump on my cheek before we entered the store.

The driver rushed to our side and quickly pulled the umbrella over us. Damien slowly pulled away from me, his hands trembling. It slowed him down and his actions stopped. We were only a walk away from the car. I grabbed the umbrella from him and in return he took the bags.

"Get the car close!" He nodded before he raced off.

"Breathe Damien," I enveloped him into a hug burying his head on my shoulder. "It's okay." Thankfully, I'm on heels, though I didn't really meet his height. He'd at least be comfortable. "Hey, It's just me and you okay. No rain."

"Ma-son." He called. It wasn't hard to recall that it was his senior brother's name.

It breaks my heart to see him this way.

"Damien, Damien." I whispered trying not to break down at the sight, one of us had to be strong. "Hey, I need you to do something for me alright. Staying here won't help."

He didn't move. So his suit helped me take slow steps with him back to the car. Totally soundproof, warm and with tinted glasses, you won't even know the rain is pouring outside.

After few minutes, his breathing steadied. I watched as he placed his head on my legs and calmly closed his eyes.

Please click the ⭐ to vote...

IN THE NEXT CHAPTER...

I jerked his hands away from me. "There's no we Damien.

There's no us.

I don't know what to say anymore, as I am rendered totally speechless, I was fooled my mere kisses. I burn up, I feel dizzy but no tears will come. I know I have to get out of here, anything to make this feeling fade. I'm trying not to believe what happened after everything. Part of me wants to cry your heart out and the other part wants to hit something with the anger that raging inside me.