38 | The Day Out

❥Through His Eyes✿

J A M I E

HE SENT his driver earlier in the evening yesterday to come pick me up, I already had plans for today, I was to head out to the beauty salon for my manicure and pedicure and hair appointment. I wasn't looking forward to going back this early but my things were already set and the driver was waiting for me.

I'm not doing this for him. I just decided to step out of my comfort zone and visit the salon. Painting my nails wasn't my greatest skill, so I figured I could just have a day out for myself. But Damien sending his driver here ruined my plans.

I slipped on a straight wide leg pants and small top. After touching my face with little makeup, I grabbed my purse and my phone to see few missed calls from Mae. I dialed her number again but it wasn't reachable. She's been a little busy lately especially now she's preparing to head back to London.

"Are you going somewhere?" Damien asked as I reached the door.

I sighed and turned to him, he was getting down the staircase so easily. He looked dressed up for work. "How do you know?"

"Your perfume... it's been lingering around." He explained.

"And you just assumed I am leaving the house."

"Your perfume smells different when you are around."

I am too tired to argue this point. "Yes, I'm heading out. We talked about this. I will have my freedom."

"Take a bodyguard to be safe."

"Damien I'm not a child."

"If it isn't the world's best couple." My line of sight went to the familiar voice. It was Damien's grandfather. I had no idea he was around. He must have arrived this morning when I was getting ready to go out. Damien didn't have a surprised look on his face so it was clear he knew of his arrival. Judging from where he emerged from, he must have come to see Damien's mother.

"Pa." I let out an awkward smile.

"How are you doing Jamie. Welcome back home! Damien told me you had to leave because of an argument."

"We just had a little argument. But we're good now." I gave a quick glance at Damien and back at him.

"Perfect. I wasn't looking forward to you both not attending my birthday party tomorrow."

"Pa we talked about this." Damien replied him.

Birthday party?

Once again a certain someone decided to keep a huge news from me. "We are looking forward to it." I snapped his arm beside me.

"I see you both are heading out. It's a good thing, to make up for the times lost during your fight." He said and let out a laugh.

I followed suite. "Yeah, we better get going then." I locked my hands with Damien's arm and followed after he left.

"Why isn't he leaving?" I asked as we both entered the car. It's been two minutes already and Damien's grandfather hasn't still moved his car.

"Well, you should have known when you kept blabbing your mouth out there."

"What do..."

"He will only move when he's sure we are really leaving together. He might as well ask his guard to watch us. So don't waste your time waiting for him to leave. Just tell the driver your location and let's get this done with, I have work."