50 | The Cravings

❥Through His Eyes✿

J A M I E

IT'S LIKE after midnight and an assaulting nausea kept me hunched over on my bathroom floor for hours, I would throw up over and over again until it felt like this baby was the only thing left in my body. I could barely sip water, my body rejected the vitamins, I couldn't even prepare a normal food, let alone eat it.

But for some reason, this crazy craving just kicked in. I've been craving Chinese food since like 10pm but everyone had already retreated to their bedroom so I'm trying my best to fight it and it's like I can't, until my cravings are fulfilled.

In a moment of desperation I turned on the light and crawled back to the bed where Damien laid sound asleep, I hesitated before tapping on his shoulder lightly.

"Damien." He didn't respond. So I shook him harder. "Damien!"

"Hm." He finally awoke. "Hey." His hoarse voice called out. "Are you okay?."

"No, I'm hungry."

"What?" He paused, trying to get fully awake.

"I can't stop thinking about food."

"Really? Okay, I'll tell Henna to prepare something for you."

"No!" I protested. "Not homemade." I swallowed nervously. "I've been throwing up all morning Damien and it's only the Chinese food from the downtown Chinese restaurant that can make me feel okay." I made emphasis on all the word relating to it.

He cleared his eyes. "Throwing up all morning? Hey, do you want me to call the doctor? Are you really okay?" His concerned tone reassured me that it was working. "Chinese food?"

"I've been thinking about it for like three hours now."

He stretched, showing off his perfectly toned abs. "I'll tell the driver to get you some."

I let out a disappointed breath. "W-we shouldn't wake them Damien. Let's get it ourselves."

"What time is it?"

I paused, considering if I should tell a lie. "1am."

"Why do you need Chinese food at this time. You know I can't drive Jamie."

"Who said anything about driving? I was about to suggest that we walk."

His face squeezed into a frown. "Walk downtown?! Jamie that's like an hour walk from here, what if they aren't opened?"

I nodded. "I know and they are opened cause I checked their site online."

"Hey, let's just wait till the day is clear okay. I'll get you the Chinese food."

"But I need it now." My voice sounded like I was about to cry. "Babe." I called out. "Chinese food."

His eyes softened, then flickered. They bore into me and when I tried to speak the piercing gaze he gives holds me. He suddenly swallowed like his breath was caught mid air.

"And?" He asks.

"What?"

"Chinese food and..." He prompted.

My lips widened. "Just Chinese food for now."

"Okay. I'll get dressed and we'll leave together." He said pulling out the duvet completely and hurriedly left the bed almost tripping.

I engulfed him in a tight hug when he returned with a black t.shirt  "Thank you so much."

I position my firm hand over his hands offering guidance as we walk outside. He gladly accepts my hand, and together we clogged down the steps, and then stroll towards the door.