07 | The Heels

❥Through His Eyes✿

D A M I E N

HONEYBLONDE HAIR that flowed over her back. Glossy skin. And the rest of her features I don't care to know. She had a different scent. One of trouble, disturbance, stubbornness, tough.

It's insanely impossible that I could see her. A blurry version of her. I thought it was false, but looking at others and still being in the dark explained everything.

That woman was a thorn in the flesh. She has the courage to offer a marriage proposal, yet not ready to attend any fittings.

It wasn't by business anyway. But I have no idea why I was called to the boutique today. Everything about that lady was awfully annoying, from the day I first saw her at that bakery, I knew she spelt trouble.

Footsteps approached me and his scent told me it was the valet. "Get me an appointment with the doctor." I ordered him and after a minute I could still feel his presence. "You know how I hate slacking Bernard."

I noticed he flinched maintaining his distance, he cleared his throat. "S-Sir you've not had an appointment with the doctor for years now. . ."

I hated having appointments with the doctor. They always give a particular feedback assuring you it'll be over but it won't. I've learnt to grow over it as the years went by. The thought of going to see a doctor was not something I was looking forward to and had not been entertained frequently by me in the past. I had always taken pride in being active and healthy. But seeing her, I'm double minded as to whether everything is finally over.

"I'm sorry sir." He apologized and adarted off immediately. My nose stood getting familiar with the smell coming.

Blood.

I could smell blood, it's distinctive metallic scent, Feel the intimidating presence, the familiar scent.

Dad.

His presence always makes me lose my confidence. He settled on the chair across me and I could hear his hands ruffling against a towel. "I'm seeing the news son." He chuckled.

Son? The title I'm giving only when he's pleased and I'm about to be rewarded by his compliment. The last time he awarded this title to me was when I was inaugurated the CEO of Abbott's Enterprises.

"She's not the lady you talked about." I spelt out, but as usual I know he won't care, as long as it helps his business in a way.

"And how do you know that, I mean you can barely see."

Close your eyes and try to do something you do every day, like getting up from the bed. You will soon realise how difficult it is to do things if you cannot see what you are doing. He didn't have to rub it in my face on every chance he gets. It's starting to get annoying. Blindness does not stop people from doing great things and I'm a living proof of that.

"She said it herself. . .its her sister."

He sighed showing no sign of interest. "Well the tabloids are tripping over her. And she looks wife material to me, so she's a keeper."

"What if she's married or engaged to someone else!"

"I don't care, what is at stake here is our reputation, she'll have to divorce who ever the idiot is and we'll pay up all the media to hide the facts." I'm not surprised. It's always money. To him money solves everything.

"What if she's like the others?"

"A gold digger? I'm not stupid Damien. Her family owes us $500,000 so she'd be focusing on repaying that to save her family. The money means nothing to me. I just want her to play the role of a wife and take care of your mother."

Of course. A wife for a maid.

* * *

"I'm done with this shit!" She yelled from a distance and the tea spilled from my tea cup. I still don't know what I'm doing here. I should be arguing with my father right now or having a meeting with the stakeholders. This was a bad idea after all.

The clicking sound of her heels approached me as I took another sip of my tea. My vision of her became blurry again and I could sense she was angry. I smelt trouble coming.

"What the fuck is this really?!" She begun with.

This woman.

"Stupid heels." She yelled on top of her lungs pulling off her heels aggressively.

I placed the cup on the saucer wiping my lips with the serviette. "Are you done?"

She straightened her spine. "Am I...Are you serious?!"

"Quit yelling, people will think I'm forcing you into this."

"Well, I don't want to be involved in any of these."

"You really don't want to see your father again."

She paused, her hands falling back to her sides. "Are you threatening me?"

It's not like I wanted to do this either. Getting married to a trouble is never on my checklist. "It's more like a warning."

"Miss, it's time for your dress fitting." The voice of an older lady sounded in my ears.

"Why is he here? It's not like he can see me in my dress anyway."

She knew what she did and she walked away immediately. She was getting on my nerves and I won't let her succeed with her little mission.

Please click the ⭐ to vote...

IN THE NEXT CHAPTER...

"Merry Christmas" She gave me a warm hug. She was already dressed for the wedding. A pink boho two piece.

"You look beautiful" I told her admiring the two piece she wore.

"Are you happy?" She asked settling down next to me.

I fake smiled at her "Come on Jae, I'm getting married to a billionaire of course I am very happy"

"I wish you a happy married life but something feels off"

"No Mae... He's one in a million. I love him" I told her again knowing fully well that my hyping was a lie.